OCR03058 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'The Goddess Gets Groovy Tonight'

Liontamer

This is a very well done remix. The usage of the brass, glocken, and 70s waka waka guitar really make this wonderful ear candy. The switch between the minor and major chords into another key signature around 2:25 is another great great winner. I do feel though the mix needs more vocalage. Just saying "The Goddess Gets Groovy Tonight" every once in a while kind of left me waiting for a Jordanius rap verse or something. Must be my occassional ZoneRunner's listening that gives me that vibe. I'd give this one 9/10.

Only one review on this so far? Poppycock!

I remember hearing a really bare-bones iteration of this back in the day and I'm sooo glad you brought Sir J. on to work some magic here!! The vocal stabs are tasteful, brass is excellent, and nothing feels overdone in the slightest, which isa risk that comes with trying to "jazz something up" - it's very easy to sound over-indulgent and this sidesteps that pitfall nicely!

There's magic in the air when you two get together... I could listen to a whole album of your collaborations. I don't feel like the arrangement is as interpretive or ambitious as hush hour, but it's quite nice in its own respect. Please keep working together guys :-D

Oh god yes! Best version of the Goddess Appears I've heard to date, hands down! Everything from Sir J's vocal throw ins, to the funky beat accompanied by the the guitar, horns and percussion. Slick and smooth, with lots of groove, designed to get your body to move, yeah! Another great collab, guys, well done.

• 11 months later...