OCR03099 - Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons 'No Rain in the Desert'

djpretzel

A seamless collab! I'm happy to see long-time collab partner Tuberz finally posted (sorry it wasn't one of ours ;)), and ditto for the PRC veteran Chickenwarlord.

If I had to critisize something, there's a bit of unclear harmony writing between the guitar and piano around 0:50 and 0:56. That's just one spot, on the whole the tune is a very crafty and enjoyable blend between the acoustic guitar and chiptune aesthetic. Nice percussion too! Is there a cajon in there, or is it a regular drumkit?

I really like the chippyness going on all around the flute and guitar. Like mixing modern and retro together, which is cool. The production from you guys is on point and the arrangement, like I said, has a great blend of styles. Not bad at all.

• 8 months later...

This mix is an absolute win, seriously. It blend together a lot of really different instruments and textures like airy flute, windy piano licks, pleasant acousti guitar, groovy percussion and a bit of electronica. Especially love the short-but-sweet piano section @ 0:49. So, this track has a really great atmosphere - it's a bit sunny, a bit sad, a bit melancholic. But overall very good - amazing collab!

• 2 weeks later...