OCR03146 - Final Fantasy II "Preluematsude"

I agreed that the initial glitching was a bit too superfluous (I mainly found a problem with this because one of my specialties is glitching), but it started making more sense after 1:20 with the chippy lead. Before then the arpeggio flow felt odd/chaotic/too dissonant to me. Best part was at 2:21. Great job expanding the source harmonies!

An interpretation best listened to if you're very familiar with Prelude, but within that sphere this arrangement crushes its goal. Echoes to other posters that mention the pulling together of the piece post-2:15. The best thing I can say is that this is truly a refreshing AND great take on Prelude, which is a really hard combo to do!

If the rest of the album has this level of talent, I'm getting it!

• 2 weeks later...

The glitchy nature of this mix gives it a very fever-dream/ bizarre mental trip kind of sound, but for something like prelude that doesn't have a whole lot to it at first, this is a great personalization. I love the violin addition. Nice start to the album.

• 5 months later...

Interesting take on that theme. The glitchy stuff is working quite well, even if some stuff felt a bit out of place sometimes. The violin was quite unexpected at first but blends nicely with the rest of the instruments -- it's Jeff Ball after all. Clean production too, even with lots of reverb/synths. A nice relaxing/chill remix here. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03146 - Final Fantasy II "Preluematsude"