OverClocked ReMix Chess League

kamoh

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my two optionals against Keegan. He was bloody efficient, to say the least. I wasn't expecting the games to be over that quickly. Two wins for him, and some ineffectual attempts at defending myself which he batted away like the blows of an infant.

Very graphic way to explain it, but thats about how it happened. I was just really on the ball yesterday.

Great games anyhow.

EDIT: Happy belated Thanksgiving! Mine was waaayyy back in October, so I'm kinda jealous. I enjoy my turkey.

I had my two optionals against Keegan. He was bloody efficient, to say the least. I wasn't expecting the games to be over that quickly. Two wins for him, and some ineffectual attempts at defending myself which he batted away like the blows of an infant.

Very graphic way to explain it, but thats about how it happened. I was just really on the ball yesterday.

Great games anyhow.

EDIT: Happy belated Thanksgiving! Mine was waaayyy back in October, so I'm kinda jealous. I enjoy my turkey.

Happy Black Friday. Bahamut is reeling.

ocrclnk1.png

Great games anyhow.

Happy Black Friday. Bahamut is reeling.

Huh?

Yeah, Johnderrilll and I extend our as of yet one-sided history of games, and I manage to accrue a second win over him in regulation.

Rainman DX vs. Johnderrilll, 1-1.

Here's the move list from Game 2, where I won as White.

1.  d4   Nf6
2. c4 e5
3. dxe5 Ng4
4. Bf4 f6
5. exf6 Qxf6
6. e3 Bb4+
7. Nd2 Qxb2
8. Ngf3 d6
9. Rb1 Bxd2+
10. Nxd2 Qxa2
11. g3 O-O
12. Bg2 g5
13. Bd5+ Kg7
14. Bxb7 Bxb7
15. Rxb7 gxf4
16. Qxg4+ Kh8
17. Rxc7 Qa1+
18. Ke2 f3+
19. Nxf3 Qb2+
20. Nd2 Na6
21. Rb1 Rxf2+
22. Kxf2 Qxd2+
23. Kf3 Rf8+
24. Ke4 Re8+
25. Kf5 Qd3+
26. Kf6 Nxc7
27. Qg7#

JD just made a major slip at the end, as you can see. He promises he won't let it happen again.

Alright, JD, all you've got to do is beat Keegan twice, and we share this week's top score. My success this week is entirely dependent upon you.

And dangit, kamoh, I want it clear that I've played every game assigned to me - and that includes two wins over Margoute in week 4. I hate to keep bringing it up. Get on the ball! :evil:

:wink:

Alright, JD, all you've got to do is beat Keegan twice, and we share this week's top score. My success this week is entirely dependent upon you.
Or he could not play and you'd get the week's top score.
And dangit, kamoh, I want it clear that I've played every game assigned to me - and that includes two wins over Margoute in week 4. I hate to keep bringing it up. Get on the ball! :evil:

:wink:

lol sorry...for some reason it's got you at •80 though, which is correct, but you are 51•80.

EDIT: I know the reason. I have fullmatch standings for you against JD, which isn't right. So actually you will be, at the end of all this fixing, 49•80, while JD will be 47•68

Bahamaut did you ever get that ps3?

Nah, too much trouble. Ironically, I could've bought the PS3 on Black Friday but I didn't feel like going through the trouble of taking it with me on my plane trip & bus ride just to resell it.

Well at least you didn't get ran over by a mob trying to buy it:P

I'd also like to note if Dr. Willy gets one more post his post count will be 1337

Since December isn't the easiest of months, and I'm really liking this whole relaxed-time schedule, here's how the rest of the "season" is going to go:

Week 7: Dec 2 - Dec 10 (9 days)

Standard Week, just a little longer than usual.

Week 8: Dec 11 - Dec 22 (12 days)

This will be the PLAYOFFS week that I've been talking about - it's coming a little early because of the holiday so bear with me. Also bear with the fact that I'm probably going to some crappy bowl game in New Mexico and will have someone else tabulate the final days of this phase.

There will be no half-matches in this round, and everyone will have three matches (except the lowest pool).

The Championship Pool will be the following four players, in this order and seeding:

1 • Highest Award-Scorer.

2 • Highest Point-Scorer over all 7 weeks. (second highest if above).

3 • Highest Point-Scorer over final 4 weeks (second or third highest if above).

4 • Wild Card (a player who may be second place in one of these categories but isn't one of the top three).

The Second Pool will be another 4 players deemed appropriate for a 'second-division' championship.

The Third Pool and all other successive pools will be 3-4 players.

Your final ranking for Fall 2006 will be based on your performance in this week.

WINTER BREAK: December 23rd - December 31st

We'll have a single-elimination tourney or something, so you won't go without OCR chess necessarily.

Week 9: January 1st - January 7th

The Winter 2007 season begins with a clean slate - but your schedules will be based on week 5-7 results.