SGX - Peripatetic

sgx

Very very nice, but right now the music seems like much less of a leap in style. Your production's been notched up a tiny bit but overall it doesn't seem to seperate itself too much from your other work. I feel almost as if I've already heard this before, only not quite as glitched up. Its not bad at all, like I said before, very very nice, especially the percussion, but this doesn't seem to have enough direction and isn't as much as an album seller that Coactive (the main reason I bought your album) and Haven were.

Anyways, nice work, just make sure you keep pushing yourself, its amazing how much your style improved from your first album (Synthetic I think) to Chroma, just keep it up.

Been awhile sone you released a new track. This sounds great, like I said a while ago, I really like when you do this type of sound. I can imagine this being used in a movie. So, kudos on hitting that spot. The gooey milk chocolaty center!

All that said, I've gotten a new wind, & will probably finish up that ambient-ish song I started work on, & never finished. Thanks for the inspiration!

Very very nice, but right now the music seems like much less of a leap in style. Your production's been notched up a tiny bit but overall it doesn't seem to seperate itself too much from your other work. I feel almost as if I've already heard this before, only not quite as glitched up. Its not bad at all, like I said before, very very nice, especially the percussion, but this doesn't seem to have enough direction and isn't as much as an album seller that Coactive (the main reason I bought your album) and Haven were.

Anyways, nice work, just make sure you keep pushing yourself, its amazing how much your style improved from your first album (Synthetic I think) to Chroma, just keep it up.

My next album is going to be more abstract and slower paced like most of this song is. I'm not trying to make album sellers on this one. I want to make the album a cohesive piece that works together rather than being a collection of singles.

Don't worry - I'm working on another that will be released after this one that is more the beats and synths 'album seller' type stuff too.

Joker, I think you'll really like this album then. It is going to have quite an ambient bent to it. I'm hoping to release around April. This is song #2 for the album (the first one is done, but exclusive). There's actually 2.5 minutes more at the beginning of this track that I shaved off for the web release. Ambient/sound design yum!

edit: oh, and Doomsday - Chroma is actually my 5th album :). The three before Synesthetic were released on mp3.com back when they printed CD's and such. I'm gonna put a bunch of those old tracks on a compilation CD called "Outmoded" and do a short run of those (I'm thinking 20-40 ish). Should be out in a couple/few months.

/plug

I have always enjoyed your stuff. You've gone for the bit crsher! Good job SGX!

A few things: (IMHO)

Eq a bit of high end of the bass up a little. Get more definition.

The whole hifi lofi thing is working great! I say you should exagerate it even more. Try running some of your lofi stuff through a special reverb that dosen't fill it out with sound added frequencey.

Or, pull out a multi band compressor, solo the mid band and crank the compression ratio. Run all the reverb and effects though it. Render the section and use it in the track. This would help exagerate the lofi nature of some of the sections, especialy those with interesting bit rates.

Try and get your hands on some fancy non linear reverbs/delays, they would sound spectacular on a track like this.

Mastering:

Track is slightly lacking in the crispy upper range, this could be due to mp3 encoding.

Your rule SGX

E-Bison

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...