Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Batallion Wars was pretty good (it was short and had annoying voice acting though.) I hope Battallion Wars 2 improves it.

Well, BWII is supposed to be online.. so right there, that negates most of the shortness of the game.. as long as there's a good selection of maps, and the ability to download more in the future.

Personally I can't wait for Strikers charged, only 5 more days until it comes out

, first one had great multiplayer, and it's online so It's gonna be awesome with my friends. I also need to hope for a large supply of birthday and Christmas money to help me attain all the awesome games coming soon.

Well, online multiplayer would be awesome, as long as they do it properly and don't crap it like with the Pokémon game.

But if they managed to pull it off it would be one hell of a game, if they had included some kind of multiplayer (Co-op or deathmach or something) to Battalion Wars it would have been brilliant imo.

It almost sounded like it might have been some sort of WiiConnect24 frebie online game.

I dunno about you.. but I think I'd actually really enjoy if they released Wii Monopoly or something, for free. Complete with real Dice Rolling Action!

wishing like hell it will have something to do with mother 3

Well, in another video here http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/07/25/video-exclusive-nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-part-two-does-nintendo-favor-japanese-gamers-and-developers/

Reggie mentions that he is bombarded with Mother fans. So, at least he is aware of it. Whether or not anything happens is still hard to tell :\

Wiidrive?

Did Reggie's tounge slip?

You weren't imagining it, if that's what you're thinking. It certainly sounded like a codename for a product already in preliminary design. I'm going to start saying it's coming now, because then if the official announcement is made in a few months I can say "I told you so."

Anyone know why Starfox 64 got updated? It didn't give any details as to why it was updated. I downloaded it and I see no difference, except for the fact that the world map when moved is now choppy as fuck.

Also, holy shit. N64 games take up too much memory on the wii. Wiidrive needs to come out ASA fucking P.

We wouldn't NEED WiiDrive if they made it so you could ACCESS GAMES AND CHANNELS AND SAVES FROM THE DAMN SD CARD.

Whoever made the decision to make it unusable unless copied to the Wii HD should be gutted. God forbid they make a console designed with simplicity in mind easy to use.

We wouldn't NEED WiiDrive if they made it so you could ACCESS GAMES AND CHANNELS AND SAVES FROM THE DAMN SD CARD.

Whoever made the decision to make it unusable unless copied to the Wii HD should be gutted. God forbid they make a console designed with simplicity in mind easy to use.

The only place where it makes any sense at all, is in saying it prevents piracy, solely because it means you can't create an -easy- SD loader.

Of course, if someone were to hack the Wii anyway, they could make an SD loader that would let you load it from there anyhow.

I also wish I could save GC games to a virtual card, and copy them to the system for backup.

But, at the very least.. they could say that WiiWare games have a limit of up to 512MB. Though, I think 128MB would be more than enough, when you look at what they managed with XBLA, when it was under the 32MB limit, and what they're doing now with the 64MB limit.

When you take those into consideration, even if Nintendo imposes a 64MB limit for WiiWare games, it won't be bad at all. Especially since you don't actually need a ton of SD cards to store stuff, if you just have an SD slot on your computer. You can store everything there when not in use, without any problems, then move it back when you want to play again.

Or just re-download if needed, since the history is stored anyway, allowing you to freely download any stuff you already paid for.

Anyone know why Starfox 64 got updated? It didn't give any details as to why it was updated. I downloaded it and I see no difference, except for the fact that the world map when moved is now choppy as fuck.

I've been wondering about this myself for a while now, and haven't been able to find out at all. Anyone know??

The only place where it makes any sense at all, is in saying it prevents piracy, solely because it means you can't create an -easy- SD loader.

Of course, if someone were to hack the Wii anyway, they could make an SD loader that would let you load it from there anyhow.

I also wish I could save GC games to a virtual card, and copy them to the system for backup.

But, at the very least.. they could say that WiiWare games have a limit of up to 512MB. Though, I think 128MB would be more than enough, when you look at what they managed with XBLA, when it was under the 32MB limit, and what they're doing now with the 64MB limit.

When you take those into consideration, even if Nintendo imposes a 64MB limit for WiiWare games, it won't be bad at all. Especially since you don't actually need a ton of SD cards to store stuff, if you just have an SD slot on your computer. You can store everything there when not in use, without any problems, then move it back when you want to play again.

Or just re-download if needed, since the history is stored anyway, allowing you to freely download any stuff you already paid for.

@sonickfd: Firmware update can add this. They really need to push one out for this, I agree.

@SilverStar: DRM is already in place - While you can already put VC games on the card, they must be copied to the internal memory before being played. This is what sonickfd was complaining about. There is no reason for them not to do this. The DRM catch is that to decrypt the channel, it uses the wii console number (or some other system-specific key), and if the numbers don't match, you can't play the game. This wouldn't change if Nintendo added capability to run from SD Card.

@Nintendo: Why are you storing the emulator and so much other cruft along with the ROM + Save in the VC channels? This is clearly evident through file size. It takes much less space than your channels take up to store ROM+Save, or even Emu+ROM+Save+SaveState. What are you wasting this space with? Half a gig should last longer than this.

Also, holy shit. N64 games take up too much memory on the wii. Wiidrive needs to come out ASA fucking P.

From what I heard, I think it was IGN, the sensitivity of the analog stick was too loose when using the classic controller (but not the GC controller...weird). So the update fixes the that problem.

We need a hard drive for the Wii, or the ability to use the SD card for something...useful soon. I honestly don't mind buying some most likely proprietary hardware in order to have quick and easy access to the vc games I've bought. Sure, I could just delete games to make room for new ones, but instead I'm simply going to slow my consumption of the classic gaming goodness I missed the first time around. Still gonna keep my fingers crossed for a Virtual Console channel too, since it's not only a mess to keep vc games on the main channels menu but I'm going to be out of channel spaces soon too.

We need a hard drive for the Wii, or the ability to use the SD card for something...useful soon. I honestly don't mind buying some most likely proprietary hardware in order to have quick and easy access to the vc games I've bought. Sure, I could just delete games to make room for new ones, but instead I'm simply going to slow my consumption of the classic gaming goodness I missed the first time around. Still gonna keep my fingers crossed for a Virtual Console channel too, since it's not only a mess to keep vc games on the main channels menu but I'm going to be out of channel spaces soon too.

Isn't there an SD slot on the front of the console?Inthat area with the cover and Sync button?

I forgot who mentioned this before, but I think it'd be a smart idea if Nintendo just made "SNES channel" or "NES channel" etc, instead of having each game take up a spot on the home page.

Considering it would mean they would just have to have the emulator once and save a ton of space? It'd be a much smarter move.

Isn't there an SD slot on the front of the console?Inthat area with the cover and Sync button?

Yeah, the SD slot is there, but it's not useful. You can put pictures onto it for viewing in a slide show (as well as put music on there that you can listen to during the slide show) and back up save files/downloaded VC games, but that's where it stops. As was said on the last page, you can store a VC game onto an SD card but you can't access the game from the SD. It also pretty much takes the same amount of time for me to move a game from the SD onto the console as it does for me to re-download the game, so it's not even worthwhile for that IMO.

Short story shorter: There is no good reason for me to put an SD card into the Wii at this time.