Bundeslang

PRC400 - Sonic Special Free Round (Sonic The Hedgehog)

Sonic The Hedgehog  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. Do You Like Sonic

    • Yes
      7
    • Yes
      3


Recommended Posts

The People's Remix Competition 400
PRCv16-15


Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Another milestone for PRC, round 400. A very good reason to make it a special round. And since Sonic The Hedgehog is a very popular game, PRC400 will be the Sonic Special Free Round.

All sources from a Sonic The Hedgehog game can be used as source for this round. Please mention which Sonic source you've used for the contest.

 

Source Game: Sonic The Hedgehog (all sources from Sonic The Hedgehog games are allowed)

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

 

The deadline is Wednesday November 27th 2019 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC403, the rounds after the round after next round. That round will have two sources.

Sonic The Hedgehog has a vote that counts twice (I don't expect him to vote)

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

 

GOOD LUCK!

 

PRC ThaSauce Home Page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously? The first one I get to do is Sonic? You have no idea how much that means to me!

 

 

 

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!

 

Actually, I want to ask something: how heavily can we remix? How liberal can we be with it? How conservative can we be? I read through the PRC page link, but I didn't see any specifics on what you seek in terms of remixes, other than no MIDI ripping or excessive length.

Edited by Seth Skoda
Added questions about competition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

For PRC, go nuts.

You might not get all the votes if the source is changed beyond all recognition, but really the sky is the limit.

Thank you very much. I guess 20% source material is acceptable here, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seth Skoda said:

Seriously? The first one I get to do is Sonic? You have no idea how much that means to me!

 

 

 

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!

 

Actually, I want to ask something: how heavily can we remix? How liberal can we be with it? How conservative can we be? I read through the PRC page link, but I didn't see any specifics on what you seek in terms of remixes, other than no MIDI ripping or excessive length.

Were not as strict as we would be in MnP. In MnP, pretty much sticking to the source material is the goal. With PRC, interpretation is more valued. 

Pretty much Dex has answered your question lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Were not as strict as we would be in MnP. In MnP, pretty much sticking to the source material is the goal. With PRC, interpretation is more valued. 

Pretty much Dex has answered your question lol.

Good, because tbh I feel cheap just midi ripping. I'd rather rearrange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seth Skoda said:

I used to do that shit all the time tbh.

Before I learned how to make my own music.

That's what I do 99.9% of the time.  Unless it's Silent Hill, apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seth Skoda said:

You mean Sonic The Asshole...

Am I that obvious?  Oh well.  I don't always spoof sonic themes...we're pretending I didn't tell both of you how about I feel about Sonic in my ADHD rants via PM.  Right?

Edited by HoboKa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Am I that obvious?  Oh well.  I don't always spoof sonic themes...we're pretending I didn't tell both of you how about I feel about Sonic in my ADHD rants via PM.  Right?

Hey, sometimes in life it’s all one big parody lol. We’re only messing haha. I don’t like Zelda, because of something a while back. How does that make you feel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Am I that obvious?  Oh well.  I don't always spoof sonic themes...we're pretending I didn't tell both of you how about I feel about Sonic in my ADHD rants via PM.  Right?

You mean one of us *wink*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Hey, sometimes in life it’s all one big parody lol. We’re only messing haha. I don’t like Zelda, because of something a while back. How does that make you feel?

Relatable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVideoGamer said:

"I gotta have muh parody mixes"  - HoboKa (2019) 

lol. Looking forward to Sonic the Pingas Guy :L

Sonic the PINGAS Guy, you say?

Robotnik the Hedgehog must defeat the evil Dr. Sonic and retrieve the 7 PINGAS emeralds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seth Skoda said:

Sonic the PINGAS Guy, you say?

Robotnik the Hedgehog must defeat the evil Dr. Sonic and retrieve the 7 PINGAS emeralds.

Along the way, giant bowls of Spaghetti are being thrown at him. Luigi is not impressed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Along the way, giant bowls of Spaghetti are being thrown at him. Luigi is not impressed...

And now The King is angry because DINNER is wasted...

His ship still sails in the morning.

Edited by Seth Skoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.