Bundeslang

PRC403 - Ocremix's Request Songs (PRC Anniversary Round)

Recommended Posts

The People's Remix Competition 403
PRCv17-01


Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The first round will be a special round based on the Ocremix's Request Forum. This is a free round altough there's one restriction: the source has to be requested in the Ocremix Request Forum before the start of this year.

A list with possible sources and (if found quickly) MIDI links.

 

Castlevania Legends – Dracula Castle Cathedral / Meeting Dracula

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/47942-dracula-castle-cathedral-meeting-dracula-castlevania-legends/

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/cvl-Meeting_with_Dracula.mid

 

Little Nemo The Dream Master - Last Boss

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/47943-last-boss-little-nemo-the-dream-master/

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/nemoboss.mid

 

Shin Megam Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 – Battle Theme

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48043-shin-megam-tensei-digital-devil-saga-2/

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps2/dds2_epic_battle.mid

 

MegaMari – Paatchouli Stage 4

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48365-remix-request-megamari/

 (no MIDI found)

 

Blast Corps – Havoc District

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48634-remix-requestblast-corps/

 (No MIDI Found)

 

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Final Castle

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48682-no-mystic-quest-final-castle-remixes/

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/ffmqfnl.mid

 

Pikmin 2- Awakening Wood

 

 (No MIDI Found)

 

Demon's Crest - Legend of Firebrand (Opening Demo)

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48826-demons-crest-legend-of-firebrand-opening-demoopeningopening/

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/dcintro.mid

 

Earthbound - The Jolly Flying Man

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48827-earthbound-the-jolly-flying-man/

https://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/eb-flying-man.mid

 

Balloon Kid Stage 1

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48864-balloon-kid-stage-1-please/

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/Balloon.mid

 

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies - Robot Laboratory

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48871-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-robot-laboratory-~-uneraseable-past/

 (No MIDI Found)

 

Spyro Year of the Dragon - Buzz's Dungeon

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/48886-spyro-year-of-the-dragon-remix-buzzs-dungeon/

 (No MIDI Found)

 

Godzilla NES (3 sources with difficult MIDI’s)

https://ocremix.org/community/topic/27804-godzilla-nes/

Jupiter

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/gzilla_jupiter.mid

Saturn

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/gzilla_saturn.mid

Moguera and Baragon

https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/gzilla_boss2.mid

 

Selecting one of these is fine but picking a different request is also allowed. If you do, please post a link to the thread from the Ocremix Request which you used (with starting date before 1-1-2020) in this thread or in the song description at ThaSauce.

If you find a MIDI (or a better MIDI) from one of the sources above you are more than welcome to post it here as well. Vgmusic will have more MIDI's from some of these sources.

 

 

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

 

The deadline is January 29th 2020 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.

You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.

Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.

Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.

The winner of this round may select the source for PRC405, the rounds after next round.

Everyone can enter, nobody has a vote that counts twice.

You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

 

Edited by Bundeslang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just curious, are the source on this list, guidelines or are these the sources we will be using for this round?

Also what do you mean by OCremix Request? Is that like a forum or something, where you post your requested sources for people to remix?

Lastly, can you make a request forum for a chosen source, or does it have to be what's already there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I'm just curious, are the source on this list, guidelines or are these the sources we will be using for this round?

Also what do you mean by OCremix Request? Is that like a forum or something, where you post your requested sources for people to remix?

Lastly, can you make a request forum for a chosen source, or does it have to be what's already there?

It's not this one is it?

https://ocremix.org/community/forum/6-remix-requests/

If it is, then disregard question 2.

 

Edited by TheVideoGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

It's not this one is it?

https://ocremix.org/community/forum/6-remix-requests/

If it is, then disregard question 2.

 

Yes, that's the one. All requests in that thread are allowed, except for those which are created after the start of this round (to avoid that people are gonna post requests and remix those to enter).

The sources on the list are examples, WereTech requested Dracula Castle Cathedral / Meeting Dracula - Castlevania Legends in january 2019 so that's a possible source for this round. Of course, remixing one source is enough, there won't be a bonus for mixing more sources. It's also allowed to look further back and remix a source which has been requested in the Request Thread years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bundeslang said:

Yes, that's the one. All requests in that thread are allowed, except for those which are created after the start of this round (to avoid that people are gonna post requests and remix those to enter).

The sources on the list are examples, WereTech requested Dracula Castle Cathedral / Meeting Dracula - Castlevania Legends in january 2019 so that's a possible source for this round. Of course, remixing one source is enough, there won't be a bonus for mixing more sources. It's also allowed to look further back and remix a source which has been requested in the Request Thread years ago.

So i could search for a video game track, that might have happened to have a request in the forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, orlouge82 said:

Oh man, I really hope someone does something from NES Godzilla!!

It already happened:

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MNP101

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC321

 

But the game music still needs more love. An album should be even more awesome, but that's too much to ask.

Problem is that the MIDI's are impossible to remix.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bundeslang said:

It already happened:

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MNP101

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC321

 

But the game music still needs more love. An album should be even more awesome, but that's too much to ask.

Problem is that the MIDI's are impossible to remix.

 

I mean if it gets enough supports and an album does suffice I’d be happy to MIDIfy the entire OST. Takes me no time at all.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I mean if it gets enough supports and an album does suffice I’d be happy to MIDIfy the entire OST. Takes me no time at all.

Would be nice.

If I could I give you a 10 point bonus for that, but that's not fair to everyone else. So then, if a miracle happens and we both tie for a PRC win, the victory is yours.:-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bundeslang said:

Would be nice.

If I could I give you a 10 point bonus for that, but that's not fair to everyone else. So then, if a miracle happens and we both tie for a PRC win, the victory is yours.:-D

I would only do it though, if it does happen. I don't wanna be doing it for the sake of it, unless you directly request it specifically. 

Thanks for the kind words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I mean if it gets enough supports and an album does suffice I’d be happy to MIDIfy the entire OST. Takes me no time at all.

How do you do it? Is it all by ear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dextastic said:

How do you do it? Is it all by ear?

Depends on the console, and the track itself.

If it's something like NES or Sega Genesis, i can separate it into different channels, and work one by one.

If it's a very simple stripped down track, i can pin point things quickly and do it straight away.

If it's more textually rich, or there is a lot of ambiguities in the pitch and the rhythm, it takes me a lot longer, in some cases like more than a week's work. That is, actually working on it, so not things like real life work, where i don't have time to spend on it. What i mean by that is, out of a week, i might only spend 2 days working on it. That kind of thing.

The hardest MIDI i had to sequence for PRC was probably the Batman and Robin source for 394. Only because the panning was super difficult to integrate to MIDI. My PRC400 entry was also a pain, because there was a lot of heavy textures, meaning i had to spend a day or 2, just isolating that particular instrument, bearing in mind this is all by ear. I couldn't separate it into channels like the NES or Sega Genesis can. This was mainly down to the sounds themselves, as the pitches weren't very clear. Still had a lot of fun though, i love the Sonic Unleashed OST, one of my all time favourites.

The hardest for MnP is the Sonic Lost World source for 104, but only because it took the longest, it was still fairly reasonable to work with.

I've said a lot, but hopefully it answers your question...

 

Edited by TheVideoGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.