Paths Less Travelled Volume 2: Secret of Evermore

@Dj Mokram. No tomatoes necessary.  Situational awareness is never a bad thing.  

Not all of us follow gaming news at all (or honestly even play games all that often anymore).   It's good that you said something and that the project leadership made a point informing everyone so we could each make our own decisions.

As for me, I've already expressed my thoughts to Trism at length, but I'll summarize them here.

I think albums like this are a gift for fans honoring the childhood memories they have of playing these games.  I don't think the actions, alleged or proven, of one person should be allowed to steal the joy that comes with those memories.   They may be his compositions, but they mean far more than that to thousands of people. 

I'm happy to finish my arrangement as a tribute to the fans of Secret if Evermore.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just chiming in - no matter what Soule did, this game's soundtrack is a part of many folks' childhoods, and nothing changes that. However, deciding to participate in this project is one of those topic

So I guess it's time for an update, huh? The majority of people have gotten back to me regarding my statement and the majority of those people have decided to stay on, so the project will continu

ALBUM PROJECT: Paths Less Travelled: Secret of Evermore Project Director: Trism FINAL COMPLETED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: TBC PROPOSED ALBUM RELEASE: TBC Current Remixers: NyxTheShie

Posted (edited)

So I guess it's time for an update, huh?

The majority of people have gotten back to me regarding my statement and the majority of those people have decided to stay on, so the project will continue as is. I won't be actively recruiting anyone else, but will accept anyone who wishes to join. As such this album will likely be a single 'disc' affair rather than a double, but at this point I'm just looking to get it finished and out the door, so to speak.

A few people asked that I make it abundantly, 100% clear that anyone who is participating in this project does not support or condone the actions of Jeremy Soule, alleged or otherwise, and that the content is a celebration of the Secret of Evermore soundtrack as an art-form and nothing else.

In happier news, we've got our first finished track! @about:blank has finished his Fire Eyes remix which has now been passed over to @Chimpazilla for mastering. Massive thanks for getting that finished so quickly, Chris :)

So, in closing, things are little bit sombre here at PLT HQ (which is just me now...) but we're going to soldier on regardless. Thank you to everyone who has agreed to stay on, and thank you to everyone who is taking the time to read this message.

*EDIT* Well, I should probably read all my messages before making a forum post because we do in fact have TWO finished tracks! @Manji has finished his Elephant Graveyard remix as well! Big thank you to you as well, Chris (two Chris', what are the odds?!).

Edited by Trism

WANTED: Collaborator for Mixing

Recordings are starting to come in for my Film Noir esque  bass, trumpet and piano trio.

Mixing however is t really my thing and I prefer to leave that to someone who is A: more skilled and B: enjoys it more than I do 

So if anyone would like join our collab to handle the production side of things, let me know!

Edited by TSori

Well, they're not, really. We've lost a few more people from the project (no shade being thrown here, I made the announcement so people could make their own choices) which brings us down to about 10 tracks. 4 of those are finished, 1 completely done (shout out to @theconsoloist for being the first 100% completed track!) 2 pending sign-off by their respective producers and the other (yours, @brink-of-time) with @Chimpazilla for mastering. I'm expecting a few others to be finished this month as well. 

Currently looking for an artist to do the album art, if anyone's interested in taking that up or if anyone has any suggestions who I could reach out to. 

Yeah . I expected mine would be finished at this point, but some other things came up.

Even still, recordings are all finished.  We are in the mixing stage now.  Shouldn't be too much longer!!

Edited by TSori