ATHF Movie

Maco70

They are already trying two people for it.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4518217.html

"The appearance of this device and its location are crucial," Grossman said. "This device looks like a bomb."

Some in the gallery snickered.

That made the article worth it.

Also, this:

Outside the courthouse, Michael Rich, a lawyer for both of the men, said the description of a bomb-like device could be used for any electronic device.

"If somebody had left a VCR on the ground it would have been a device with wires, electronic components and a power source," he said.

Also, this:

DAMN I hate these awful quoting capabilites!

Anyway, sounds fun be their laywer - trails like that could make a career in law totally worth it ^^

And I hate to say this, but the qustion mark boxes were a lot more "bomb-like" in appearance - they could have ANYTHING inside. These signs, however, there's nothing hidden, you can even see the freaking wires... Guess the city better start taking down all their signs, you never know when another bomb scare could happen.....

And the people (person?) saying "it was just x distance from the 911 hijackers" .... how is that even relevant??? Or is being reminded of 911 somehow justification for rediculous judgement? These people (person?) need to use logic. The dumbest part is that the ones who caused the actual problem (the city) are blaming those other guys for it.

And that guy who posted about where they got the tip from - very fishy indeed, a lot more important than punishing those poor guys for others' decisions and actions... But I guess even they can't be blamed, they were just being cautious. They probably never would've guessed their call could blow out of proportion like that.

Nice! Not all that funny, but you've gotta respect them.

As for "not making light(?) of the situation"... I think most of look a lot more pissed off than we actually are, due to extreme lack of smiley capabilities and other stuffs and/or foodstuffs. YOU'RE the one who should lighten up >=[

(Just kidding! We need some new emoticons - FAST!)

I'm also curious why they keep calling it a "hoax" - they weren't meant to be interpreted as bombs, they were just (very) unconventional advertising, and that was the point. Misleading news titles aside.... I've got nothing else to say.

..... so how 'bout that movie?

This press conference had the potential to be very funny if they had rehearsed or planned this more.

yea, but a night in jail and their lawyer basically limiting them to what they can say, i think it was pretty amuzing for something probably thought up on the fly. how else would you get the press to leave you alone? annoy them and don't give them what they want, its fricken awesome!

i say everyone in major towns, get some friends together, go down to your local radio shack and buy LED lights, batteries, wire, and black protoboards. make some ATHF signs and hang them around your respective towns.

and i think i agree with the coke vendor at my store today, he said they need to go find the guy that called the police told them the signs look like bombs. i hope boston realizes everyone is laughing at them now.

^

Why do that when the ATHF electronic boards were distributed to at least 10 major cities in the past few weeks?

Which is the strangest thing. Because out of all those cities, only Boston was the one that reacted like that.

And though I think it makes perfect sense from a superficial view from that of the Boston police force, I think it's equally their investigation team's fault for not digging into it a bit more before closing the entire city down and running up that $500,000 bill they apparently ran for taking such drastic action.

I think the situation is sorta funny, but I feel sort of bad that it even had to happen at all. The way the entertainment industry is hunted down is not good news at all. It's not just with cartoons or anything either (though cartoons have gotten the brunt of it in the last decade with excessive censorship rules only to do with cartoons). It could may as well extend to video games, it already has ravaged radio, and it will definitely extend to sporting/music events, television and movies.