How Long Can You Hold On To Your Rings?

Tenucha

So... thanks to Project:Chaos I have gone back and been playing my Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube.

I have to to re-realize how hard it is to hold on to your rings in this game.... Just when you break 100 rings you loose them all thanks to an illplaced item as you speed by so fast you almost glitch in the loops.

*ahem*

Anyways...

So how long can you hold on to your rings? Do you loose them after every save point? Can you hold on to them throughout multiple levels and rach upwards for 200 to 300?

I wanna hear it!

Oi!

I ment in general amongst the original Genesis games (which i tried to get at by mentioning I was playing Sonic Mega Collection).

I guess specifically I ment Sonic3 & Knuckles.

I hadn't played these games in years and so I was bascelly seeing how well people can hang on to there ring by the end of a stage.

Right now I bascelly loose them by the time I get to 100 rings.

Maybe I shoudl head to bed... Mmm...

you do realize that there are like 7 games in that game and no one knows what youre talking about

P.S. nice Transfuse signatures

I think my highest ring count (From Sonic 3&K) was something close to 300.

I think way back when I still had these games on Genesis I had something around 200 rings at max.

I'm pretty sure I've gone through Sonic 2 without losing a single ring, although I've never beaten the last boss.

Also what the crap are you talking about.

Transfuse... the artist whos work you have in your Metroid fanart signatures.

He's got several of his pieces up for auction now and one of them was inspired from the "One Girl in All The World" remix

I think I have only really beaten Sonic2 with Knuckles.

Transfuse... the artist whos work you have in your Metroid fanart signatures.

He's got several of his pieces up for auction now and one of them was inspired from the "One Girl in All The World" remix

ohok

well i just got them from the fanart thread and doulifee made them into a pretty ad banner for me

french dudes got skills

I'm pretty sure I've gone through Sonic 2 without losing a single ring, although I've never beaten the last boss.

Really? How can you know the game well enough to not lose a single ring but never have beaten it? I don't recall the last boss being extremely tough, although the last couple levels have a few tricky parts. Plus the ending theme is awesome.

I havn't played it long enough to remember anything more then the first stage and the Hill Top stage.

And I have to unlock Sonic2 and Knuckles... which is a very annoying proceadure...

I think I like collecting the Emeralds in Sonic2 better then in Sonic3/Knuckles.

Really? How can you know the game well enough to not lose a single ring but never have beaten it? I don't recall the last boss being extremely tough, although the last couple levels have a few tricky parts. Plus the ending theme is awesome.

trust me I've tried over and over. I've probably went through like 10-20 times and every time I get every chaos emerald and end up at the last boss with around 10 lives and around 5 continues but I suck at life and can't beat him.

trust me I've tried over and over. I've probably went through like 10-20 times and every time I get every chaos emerald and end up at the last boss with around 10 lives and around 5 continues but I suck at life and can't beat him.

I had the same problem. I was playing Sonic 2 on the PS2 Sonic Mega Collection Plus (exciting, a plus sign!) and just couldn't get past the end. Then I realized that when you saved, it saved exactly where you were. I ended up pausing and saving every time I got a hit in and reloading the game whenever he got a hit in over and over and over until I finally won. So...there's always that route if you need closure or whatever.

I'm pretty sure I managed to keep 350 rings, I was pumped when I saw that. I don't remember if I lost them or not.

I never did try too much to keep my rings, I kinda just ran in their going as fast as I could past enemies, it worked most of the time, until I ran into wall and was hit by those darn spikes that hide in the ground.

Psh, the last boss in Sonic 2 is so much easier than getting the emeralds in that game. Especially that last one with the rings flying all over the damned place. I don't think I've ever legitimately gotten all the emeralds in Sonic 2, but I've easily and repeatedly gotten them all in Sonic 3/Knuckles.

Hanging on to rings...well that's plenty easy if you get to 50 and transform to super or hyper mode, then buzz through the stage unharmed.

are you freaking joking

i get them all by chemical plant act 1

Clearly you take your time in those stages then, what with having to have 50 rings and hit a sign-post. I didn't even think there were 7 sign posts that quickly.

The last boss is amazingly easy with Sonic or Tails. He's only hard if you have to do it with Knuckles since he can't jump as high. Hell Metal Sonic is harder than the giant walking Eggman.

Yup, there are eight Starposts total in Emerald Hill Zone, three in Act 1, five in Act 2. That means you technically have one screw-up and you can be Super Sonic before you even reach Chemical Plant Zone. The other plus side is you can rack up extra lives considering all the rings and item boxes regenerate every time you enter a special stage.

And as for holding onto rings, I just generally get ticked off at myself if I get hit in most of the levels in 2-D Sonics. *Laughs*