Super Paper Mario!

SwordBreaker

They're all actually hired by a marketing company to push the game in forums.

I just beat the *SPOILERS!* Flopside pit of 100 Trials. Unfortunately, at the 100th floor, it tells you you need to go through it again to face the boss and claim the treasure. I felt ripped off. Thank god it only takes about an hour to do.*END SPOILERS!*

I AM ERROR

Fracktail was pretty awesome. Just wait until you get to world 3-4. 4-4 boss battle is really cool too.

Indeed. LOVED that Zelda II reference.

3-4's Boss was hilarious. I get the feeling his quotes will be damn popular. After all, we're all going gaga over "videogame soundtracks are so high-technical!"

I'm still in world 4. Too lazy to play these days. :(

So, uh, am I the only one who was somewhat disappointed with this game? I mean, it really took away what made Paper Mario unique in the Mario franchise. For me, one of the cool aspects of the first two Paper Mario's was that you play as a 2d character in a 3d world. Now, you play as a 2d character...in a 2d world. That's exciting. Yes, I know you can flip to 3d, but you can only do so for a limited time, and the 3d world is very dumbed down, as much of the background becomes paper-thin walls. It's primarily a 2d game.

I also feel as though the atmosphere isn't nearly as memorable as it was before. Maybe it's just because you're no longer in the Mushroom Kingdom, but I find the landscape in general to just be boring. I cite *SPOILERS * Bleck's castle. Okay, so it's kinda cool at first that everything is just a black void of nothingness, but that gets old very fast. It's got nothing on Bowser's Castle from the first Paper Mario. *END SPOILERS*

I think the series needs to pick a genre and stick with it. None of this hybrid RPG-platformer crap. Because frankly, the platforming isn't nearly as good as something like Super Mario World or the old DK games (it's very slow-paced), and the RPG elements aren't as good as the other Paper Mario's.

So now we have another platformer in the vast sea of Mario platformers. Great. Maybe I'm just biased because I liked Paper Mario so much as an RPG. Hopefully they'll continue that series, and keep Super Paper Mario as a sort of "spin-off" series, kind of like Metroid Prime and Megaman X.

Ok, end rant.

I like the mechanical dragon's dialog. I had to fight him again just to hear his ranting. By the way, I have to disagree with you a bit Cynical. I think Super Paper Mario was a welcome diversion for Paper Mario. Although the first two games are great, I think that the second one was too much like the first.

But anyway, you Paper Mario noobs should try out the first games too, because they're really good.

Oh man, there was a really good quote in the last chapter that doesn't really spoil anything, but is hilariously off-beat. Something along the lines of:

"And now I strike, like an unexpected dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium!"

Some of the things they say in this game are just priceless!

I'm just having fun working on the sidequest bits. Even if they -are- painfully time consuming. So far, I'm up to 42 hours playtime, and haven't even set foot in the second pit, or gone back to world 6 to deal with that.

I do like how this actually has stuff to do, post-game. That's something few games these days bother with, instead opting to go ahead and just end the game, even if there's other stuff to do, so you either put off the entire last section, or miss out on a good half of the game.

Right now, I'm working on mass-purchasing the Caught Cards, thanks to a massive money trick(takes a bit of time, but it's good). Can't wait until I venture into the flopside pit, doing over 700 damage to everything that comes my way. :P

I just got this game on Friday from Gamefly. And of all things...I've barely got to play it.......becasuse of my future wife (a non-gamer) has been playing it more than me!!!! She loves it! I just got a chance to play it yesterday, and man this game is hilarious (I know all of you have said it before). I haven't played to 3-4 yet. Like I said I "Just" got to play it yesterday. But I know it's like a Dating-Sim like game, right?

Did anybody else notice that when you get a pure heart, the pixls do a kirby-esque dance?

After the 4th Pure Heart, I just started humming the Kirby dance song.

So, uh, am I the only one who was somewhat disappointed with this game? I mean, it really took away what made Paper Mario unique in the Mario franchise. For me, one of the cool aspects of the first two Paper Mario's was that you play as a 2d character in a 3d world. Now, you play as a 2d character...in a 2d world. That's exciting. Yes, I know you can flip to 3d, but you can only do so for a limited time, and the 3d world is very dumbed down, as much of the background becomes paper-thin walls. It's primarily a 2d game.

I also feel as though the atmosphere isn't nearly as memorable as it was before. Maybe it's just because you're no longer in the Mushroom Kingdom, but I find the landscape in general to just be boring.

I think the series needs to pick a genre and stick with it. None of this hybrid RPG-platformer crap. Because frankly, the platforming isn't nearly as good as something like Super Mario World or the old DK games (it's very slow-paced), and the RPG elements aren't as good as the other Paper Mario's.

So now we have another platformer in the vast sea of Mario platformers. Great. Maybe I'm just biased because I liked Paper Mario so much as an RPG. Hopefully they'll continue that series, and keep Super Paper Mario as a sort of "spin-off" series, kind of like Metroid Prime and Megaman X.

Ok, end rant.

I think the game is made slow because of the 1-1 through 1-4 format; the homage was cute, but some of the worlds really drag out, and I found myself trudging through a few chapters to get to more of the story. I prefer the Paper Mario RPG's to SPM, but playing as Peach and Bowser and their specific abilities is interesting, making for interesing boss fights, and the story/dialog is still enjoyable like the previous Paper Mario games. I would definetly play another SPM game, but I would like to see the RPG again first.