The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Welcome to this little cesspool of decadence. I hope you'll enjoy your brain damaging stay here.

Yup, already visited Unmod, thanks! d ^_^ b

EDIT: This is totally unrelated, but why does every thread I post on get the gray square treatment? Is my wimpy post count dragging it down?

Hi! I'm new here. I discovered this site accidentally at work this weekend while looking for some good video game music. The fact that now I've registered just goes to show that I've found it. I'm 29 yrs. old, married with a 3 yr. old daughter who I hope will grow up to be a geek like me one day. I've always been interested in reading forums on other sites, but never participated before. I think I've found my niche here. Seems like there's quite a lot of people here who gel with my personality (i.e.: my love for video games and music) You'll probably see my posts coming mostly on the weekends when I'm at work. I work a 13 hour overnight shift with little to do but surf the net once the works is done.

I think the main thing that drew me to the forums here is the fact that the people who contribute, know how to express themselves in complete sentences and do their best to observe the laws of grammer, not that abbreviated garbage that you see all over the place these days (omg 1 have l33t sk1llz!).

If you can't figure out my screen name, I took it from the Harry Potter book "The Goblet of Fire" named after the blast ended skrewts that Hagrid was raising in that book because they just sound cool and I also figured that noone else would have that particular name. :lol:

I guess that's enough blabbing for now, you'll see more of me around the boards as time passes. Thanks for having me on board.

HI, needless to say i'm new here, however i've been a longtime fan of the site ever since my brothers discovered it. It wasn't til recently where we enjoied heavy doses of the site, so i figure i might as well become a part of the community. Thanks for having such an awesome site. I will try to voice whenever possible!

I'm making history here, just fyi for anyone who cares. This is my first post! I know, everyone's excited. Just saying hi. Oh yeah, and don't ask me any technical questions if you expect an answer that makes sense. I want to submit a remix someday, but right now I have no clue what I'm doing.

Hello there, I have actually been surfing and downloading from this site for quite a long time now, but haven't bothered getting involved with the forum until recently. I have often gone to the "judges decision" forums to see what is said about the music, but that was about all.

A little about me:

Sex: Male

Hair: Short, a boring shade of brown

Eyes: Brown, with a little green thrown in.

Height: 6'4" -and I am short in my family...

Social status: Never married, no kids.

Favorite Books: The Wheel of Time series, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Cartoon History of the Universe, Out of this Furnace by Thomas Bell, Hamlet, Second Treatise of Government, by John Locke.

John Locke (1632-1704):

"The Philosopher of Freedom."

"Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature: these are the spur and reins whereby all mankind are set on work, and guided." (Locke.)

Fav Video Games: Prefer RPG, I love anything by Blizzard Games...

Fav Movies: Boondock Saints, Kill Bill, Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Fav TV: I don't watch it much, but I will sit and watch any of the Star Trek series.

What I do: I Work for Dell. I hate it. I wanna go back to school... until I become a teacher, anything I do is just a job, not a career.

Psychological Conditions: I hate being in water deeper than a foot or two. I also don't sleep much. Other than that, nothing at all, I am perfectly fine. PERFECTLY. FINE. Just fine, I tell you... GAAAH!

:dstrbd: <--- I like that little guy. :wink:

ummm hi im sure no one will read this in the mass amount of spam post...BAH! *waves* i kid 8O

Sure we read this stuff, greetings newcomers. :)

Indeed. Rookies are always welcome.

Ditto'd. For great justice, and also cause I have nothing else better to do ;-).

Hey everyone, I've been visiting this site for almost 2 years now, and well, I thought i should be a part of it. I have listened to many, many remixes over the course of time, about 200+, if not more, and I'm very impressed with what I've heard, so much, that i thought i'd like to honor (or dishonor if you don't like me) this site with something i'm not too shabby at making.

I make flash animations, serious mostly, and am completing a work that has taken months of actual flash work, and years of offtime improving my equipment, art, etc.

OC remix provides me with about 90% of the music i use because of it's melody, nostalgic tunes, and excellent variations. I am making a series to showcase, and I would like to be here to help spread the good name of OC remix as well. I thank all composers and remixers as well... who knows... I can't play an instrument too well, but i write it, and my bro plays... maybe we'll make something someday.

In any case, I'd like to say hello to everyone and hope i can help and participate as much as possible. Thank you.

Name: Matthew H.

Job: Student, Flash artist, composer

*Bleep* (drops into the fray like Mega man)

hey there, yip i admit im a newbie... got a megaman mix done, but after reading the 'how to submit' stuff i see i need to fill in a number of ID3v2 tags, however winamp only seems to have about 11 ID3v2 fields to input . missing "Original album", "Lead artist(s)", "Part of a set" etc. what can i use to edit these if i can't do it with winamp... or am i just being an idiot!?

Thanks, hope i get some help