The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hey, I'm not exactly a n00b, but what the hell.

Name's SILVERWOLF_87, Live in Oregon and I'm good with computers. Whether it be programming, digital imaging, building, gaming, repairing, or just tweaking, I've done it all. Hell, I even made a computer case out of legos (check my sig).

I also enjoy making things. Mostly maps for games. I'm working on a really kickass warcraft 3 map right now with a few other people from the clan AFO WC3 division. Stay tuned :)

Anyway, I'm working on a remix of my own, but I probably won't submit it, due to the fact that I lack recording equipment for my piano and don't want to learn any music software. I could always use the cheap microphone that I have laying around somewhere :wink:

I am intrigued by the Warcraft map. TELL. NOW.

Ah, you wish for me to bestow upon you the knowledge dealing with what I call, The Scarlet Crusade. It is a map being developed by 3 people. Me, A friend of mine, and the Clan AFO WC3 division leader. I do the triggers, which are fairly complex, my friend does the custom scripts (e.x. having villagers have their own personality. In other words, some villagers walk around randomly, others go and work at the rock quarry, some go to the bar and get into a bar fight, etc...) and the leader is doing the story/terrain/cinematics. We also have another person, who is a professional artist I think, creating the custom picture that will show when the map starts (like vampire hunters did).

Now then, gameplaywise, the map is somewhat similar to DOTA, except a little more complex. There will be PvP combat, but the game doesn't simply revolve around that. You must also complete quests, which will move the story along. The story is still in development, so I can't say much about it. It's also not my area. I just program triggers. To be blunt, it's similar to DotA, but also quite different, and better too :wink:

You can learn more by visiting our clan's webpage and looking at the WC3 division forums:

www.clanafo.com

(sometimes the main page doesn't load if you use a different browser than IE, but we're working on it)

EDIT: I wrote up a more detailed description of my map. You may view it Here

OMG FIRST POST! IM POGO! MY FAV GAME IS CHRONO TRIGGER DO YOU LIEK IT?

I ALSO LIKE COWBOY BEBOP AMND GOLDEN BOY CUX THEIR COOL. MY FAVORITE REMIXERS ARE DJPRETZEL AND PROTRICITY!

I should have looked for a thread like this when i registered.

I don't really specialize in anything... I like to think i have a good ear and am handy with a controller, but i know that there are plenty of people out there who could beat me at most of the games that i play... I have a tendency to only capitalize the letter "i" when it appears at the beginning of a sentence or proper noun. It's not gimmick i have, it just seems to happen naturally... I'm actually pretty sure that i used to leave them all in lowercase.

I really do blindly value Chrono Trigger over any other game in existence, and will probably do so for until i die...

...also, i try to keep my text shut around here, because i usually piss someone off whenever i say something...

hello everybody!

I am new to the site, but for anybody who frequents the electronic video game section of newgrounds.com - i am well known as Chronamut, the legend in that genre. Anywhere u see the name chronamut on any site that is me his name is unique to me. Ive been getting comments on my music since i post so many that i should start sumbitting some to OCremix so i have decided to start doing that. I also want to start getting some constructive feedback on my music instead of the run of the mill "it's good" - because its hard to give the ppl what they want if you dontget any good feedback. Thats about it and expect to see my head popping about soon!

hello everybody!

I am new to the site, but for anybody who frequents the electronic video game section of newgrounds.com - i am well known as Chronamut, the legend in that genre. Anywhere u see the name chronamut on any site that is me his name is unique to me. Ive been getting comments on my music since i post so many that i should start sumbitting some to OCremix so i have decided to start doing that. I also want to start getting some constructive feedback on my music instead of the run of the mill "it's good" - because its hard to give the ppl what they want if you dontget any good feedback. Thats about it and expect to see my head popping about soon!

If your music is as good as your grammar, then you're bound to have a mix up on this site in no time. :wink:

All joking aside, welcome to the forums and enjoy your etc.

I don't really know too much about mixing...but I find my ear having a powerful attachment to music, so I think I may want to learn the basics to all this.

P.S.: Thanks for the comments, and though it may not be true, I'll try to keep my image looking pretty innocent...Before I go into UnMod...muahahah...hey, what's that I hear? Aww...damned parents ruining all my fun. :?:D

Your threads get deleted because of these following reasons:

A) The thread ends up where the users outright attack you or the thread.

B) The thread is about a discussion that is not suitable for the forums. Though most of those instances are locked with the moderator giving reasons why.

C) Thread is an accidental double-post. Usually, we'll keep the first thread there.

D) Thread has been mobed to another forum. Look around to the other forums. It might be there.

Yeah, this hello is way too late for me but what the hell. I'm CC Ricers (NOTHING to do with cars), OCR rocks, et cetera, etc.

Actually, I've been coming to this site since late 2002/early 2003. I was just downloading remixes, that's all. I think my first one was some weird thing by DJ Seith. But I joined the forums in the beginning of last winter, put off posting here for a while, and came back in June.