FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

For vsti> right click a channel, insert channel>more>refresh>fast scan, then check the box with the vsti(s) you want. The vsti will now appear in the insert channel list.

For vst> go into fx>select>more>refresh>fast scan, then check the box. The vst will now appear in the select list.

lemme know if it works. if not, make sure your vst(i)s are in the right folder within the fruity path.

I couldn't get my midi to work for a while either, correct devices, everything as it should be... except for one problem. You have to add "Fruity LSD" as a sound effect in the Master channel, then change it's channel to 0. My midi's automatically start as channel 0, so LSD needed a little convincing to work.

I've got a problem with FL Studio 4. Every time I save a MIDI, the instrument patches revert back to ---. So I have a midi that's entirely piano (except for the percussion track.) Is there a simple solution to my problem, or do I need to download some other program and try it? I've tried some other MIDI programs, but they usually end up messing something up with my song.

FL5 question...

Okay, i JUST switched from FL3.5.6 to FL5 and, well, you know in the playlist and in the piano roll in fl3.5.6 things would snap very neatly to the grid, and you could expand and shrink nicely and neatly to the grid, well is there a way i can do this easily in FL5 without having to be very precise about every click and quantizing it?!?!?!

In FLS 5 is recording audio via line/mic in possible? or is it still only midi and wav imports? I read the help file, and from what I understand, it is possible. I just can't figure it out. Thanks very much.

yep, do you have any asio drivers? You can grab ASIO4All and use that if you don't have any. Then, go to the mixer and visit the black drop-down boxes at the bottom of it, and once you've changed your drivers to the asio ones, change the input on any channel to one of the sound source inputs available (should be obvious) and whatever's plugged into that source will be routed into that channel.

I've got a problem with FL Studio 4. Every time I save a MIDI, the instrument patches revert back to ---. So I have a midi that's entirely piano (except for the percussion track.) Is there a simple solution to my problem, or do I need to download some other program and try it? I've tried some other MIDI programs, but they usually end up messing something up with my song.

All i can think of is that it's automation changing it back. Check there isn't any in the sidebar (current project>automation). If that doesn't fix it, it could be *gasp* a pirate copy.

Sounds like you automated the MIDI stuff after the first beat of the MIDI - like in most of the downloadable MIDIs for FF7 and a few other games. Try, instead of automating them, setting each track to the MDID channel and leaving it so that it won't change. Thats all that i can think of that might cause it. If that doesn't fix it, send me the .flp that's giving you problems and i'll see if i can figure it out.

Just a nice little bug I ran into just recently...

bug.png

Yup, that's my wallpaper. Not the fruity one of course. It seems to be showing any window I used previously. Funny thing is, the problem's only with this song, others work just fine. I even tried creating another save file, but it just won't go away. Annoying.

Anyone else get this bug?

looks like a woman's leg

That happens when you're using a pirate version of fl i think

Now does anyone know how to stretch a melody? The midi I got this song from isnt on the beat. For every beat that goes by on fl, about 1.1 beats go by on the midi

In FLS 5 is recording audio via line/mic in possible? or is it still only midi and wav imports? I read the help file, and from what I understand, it is possible. I just can't figure it out. Thanks very much.

yep, do you have any asio drivers? You can grab ASIO4All and use that if you don't have any. Then, go to the mixer and visit the black drop-down boxes at the bottom of it, and once you've changed your drivers to the asio ones, change the input on any channel to one of the sound source inputs available (should be obvious) and whatever's plugged into that source will be routed into that channel.

All i can think of is that it's automation changing it back. Check there isn't any in the sidebar (current project>automation). If that doesn't fix it, it could be *gasp* a pirate copy.

that solves it. thanks

AA: Running any 3rd party plugins in that project? I've gotten some interesting bugs through 3rd party stuff (for some reason, running more than one instance of GalactiX for me leaves part of the GalactiX GUI on the screen after I've closed the plugin window, for instance). If that's the case, all I can suggest is updating your plugins if you can or trying to use alternatives to the culprit/s, if it's that irritating.

Jordex: Um, quantizing, maybe? Check the help file.

AA: Running any 3rd party plugins in that project? I've gotten some interesting bugs through 3rd party stuff (for some reason, running more than one instance of GalactiX for me leaves part of the GalactiX GUI on the screen after I've closed the plugin window, for instance). If that's the case, all I can suggest is updating your plugins if you can or trying to use alternatives to the culprit/s, if it's that irritating.
No, I'm not running any 3rd party plugs, since I lost all of them just recently in a hard drive failure. It's not really that irritating, but I figured someone may know how to get rid of it.

No, I'm not running any 3rd party plugs, since I lost all of them just recently in a hard drive failure. It's not really that irritating, but I figured someone may know how to get rid of it.

Yeah, I can't really think of much else, unless you've changed your version of FL/DirectX lately, or if you've got some program running in the background that might be interfering. Otherwise, it's well beyond my understanding.

Does anybody know if FL Studio can play instruments in reverse???

If so, how?

It does, at least, with a normal sample it does..

just grab a normal sample, click on it to enter channel settings, go to the 'SMP' section, somewhere in the bottum there should be a button called 'reverse' .. .

i'm not sure bout' the generators.. :roll: