OCR00833 - Final Fantasy VII "Otanjoubi Cid"

orkybash

• 2 months later...

I don't understand. I liked the beginning- yea, it was different :D , but thats what I liked about it. Its the kind of thing that you can just turn up, randomly, and and it'll make your family and friends ask, "where's that noise is coming from?". The intro did detract a little from the actual song but I'm glad it was in the beginning instead of the middle or end.

Anyway, I couldn't even remember Cid's Theme until I heard it from Otanjoubi Cid. Once I started to remember I became fully immersed into this song. I definately like this song and its presentation.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Other than what I will say is the coolest intro I've yet to hear here on OCR, this mix also has some strange, cosmic link to me, as my birthday, incidentally, is November 3rd. Weird.

Anyway, this mix has alot going for it. I don't think this is a good song to get people into trance though, as said before, it's an aquired taste. The upbeat feeling is also sort of dimished with the repetitiion, but over all is a good piece.

• 2 months later...

I finally found it!!!!!! i heard this tune once ages ago like three years or so (don't know if it's the same trance cover) and fell in love with it!!!!! i hunted the web for it and i finally found it!!!! YAY!!!!! the intro is understandable due to the context all in all i love it love it love it!!!! :D

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice work by the FFDJ. Cid's Theme is and always will be one of my fave FFVII themes, and this is a great trance version. Love the intro, too, I always mouth it and sing along when I listen to this one. No cuts from the cloudsNashes end, just straight listening to great skillz. BOOYAH!!

BTW, I like your stuff a lot too, Proti, you have your fans, and FFDJ has his

• 3 weeks later...
I simply... do not... understand what ... people like ... about his music.

And you never will...

I still cannot think of how FFMDJ managed to make such a bright voice in the beginning, but hey, the remix is all good. This is a full-speed techno/trance/disco madness remix, and I found it very great. He used some popular synths that some of us recognize from other trance hits, but that doesn´t mean you can still use them. May be a little repetive, but it was first at the third time I noticed that. Nice stuff FFMDJ, Cid deserved to let some out.

GUESS WHAT? I JUST GAVE YOU A REVIEW!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't see what the problem with the intro is, to be perfectly honest, it cheers me up every time I hear it. In fact, if I'm ever feeling down, I know what to listen to now. It's a great laugh, and it definately adds to the overall happy-go lucky feel of the song. You've definately got guts, that much I can tell you. How you pulled off that high pitched voice is beyond me, and with the silly attempt at a southern accent - well, what else can I say, it's an instant classic with me. Besides that, the music itself is just a good of a listen. Turn your nose to those who can't take a joke and keep making some great trance music. ^^

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

When an anthemic song like Cid's is molded in the sweeping style of trance, it's the epitome of "emotionally charged." This mix seems to illustrate Cid's hopes and dreams in a larger-than-life scenario, kinda like this...

1:08 - The sweeps set the stage: the sky. Infinite, changing, looming... and out of reach.

1:49 - Cid has his sights on the sky, determination growing in his heart.

2:18 - He prepares and revs up the Highwind...

2:47 - ...and it takes off, rapidly gaining air and speed.

3:14 - Pilot and airship glide all around the world.

3:42 - Another round-trip commences...

3:55 - ...and the pilot pushes his vehicle into hyperdrive. Pigeons and seagulls perish in the spinning blades of death. But Cid pays them no mind as he stands on the airship's carapace.

4:22 - As the Highwind flies higher and faster than before, Cid LEAPS with the most majestic Dragoon jump ever, piercing clouds with his spear and reaching outer space in a superhuman ball of fire. From the ground, one can see him briefly shine and fade like a star.

In sum, FFmusic Dj boosts the source's potential so naturally it becomes ever more solid and epic.

(Also, if you listen closely, that Southern falsetto is singing the first 9 notes of Cid's theme. Just so you know.)

• 9 months later...

It's such a shame that the intro to this mix, which really has nothing to do with the music itself, has garnered most of the attention of listeners over the years. Because really, this is all about the music. It's amazing, addictive trance. FFMusic Dj proves he is a well-oiled techno machine that pumps out pristine product like noone else.

Very melodic output done very well. It's a heavyweight theme given the heavyweight treatment, which is bound to not be what everyone is after. And yeah, it's probably right to point out it has a fairly oddball-esque segregated intro. Which I happen to enjoy and get a smile over every time I hear it. But to let a non-contextual prologue deflate your positivity towards this excellent mix would be a big mistake, not to mention idiotic beyond belief.

This mix deserves better than to be sideshowed.

• 5 months later...

I loved the birthday wish at the beginning, and the track itself was really nice- I love the source that is really enthusiastic and bombastic, and this mix really does it justice. I would like to hear the lead instrument switched up a little, maybe pass it off to a twinkling piano or something for a bit, but overall I really enjoyed this track. Great work! :D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00833 - Final Fantasy VII "Otanjoubi Cid"