Inquiry Regarding the Final Fantasy games available for GBA/DS

supremespleen

Yes, because the name Sephiroth can't be used anywhere else.

Have you ever at least taken an effort to google what Sephiroth means?

So ya, that kind of screws your "theory" of it being ripped off..

Plus, Tales of the Abyss is a beautiful game. It takes everything good from Tales of Symphonia and totally improves on them.

Thanks for taking this one so that I didn't have to.

yeah the storyline/dialogue for FF6 is as solid as Chrono Trigger.

Dude, as good of a game as Chrono Trigger is, the dialogue is ANYTHING but solid. The word I would choose to describe it is "unnatural." But I'll agree that the story is solid enough. . . And people thought there was no good reason to make a novel out of it? Hahaha.

And the word Sephiroth has been around WAYYYYYYY longer than FF7 yo. I highly doubt it was a rip off.

And the word Sephiroth has been around WAYYYYYYY longer than FF7 yo. I highly doubt it was a rip off.

Guess it's like the swastika, which, if memory serves, essentially was a symbol of "well being" before Nazi Germany perverted it into a hate symbol. And now Sephiroth has been tainted as well.

Damn them and their inability to come up with their own new ideas!

**shakes fist**

Guess it's like the swastika, which, if memory serves, essentially was a symbol of "well being" before Nazi Germany perverted it into a hate symbol.

Yup. It was more or less from the Vedic-derived cultures and religions.

Also, looking at the info Arek posted, you might find that the Sephiroth Tree had stronger reference in Tales of the Abyss - specifically in terms of town names.

It's cute how people think that Square invented stuff like Ifrit, Undine, Masamune, Fenrir, Ragnarok, etc. and then get all up in arms when they see them used in other games.

Oh, and FF6 has an amazing soundtrack.

Yup. It was more or less from the Vedic-derived cultures and religions.

Also, looking at the info Arek posted, you might find that the Sephiroth Tree had stronger reference in Tales of the Abyss - specifically in terms of town names.

It's cute how people think that Square invented stuff like Ifrit, Undine, Masamune, Fenrir, Ragnarok, etc. and then get all up in arms when they see them used in other games.

Oh, and FF6 has an amazing soundtrack.

yeah I got my ass handed to myself from you guys. I looked it up T_T, so I stand corrected hehe. And I did at least know that about Ifrit, Fenrir and stuff, some of those are Gods of the Vikings and other legends 'n whatnot.

Just play FFVI already!

People believe that? wtf! STUDY RELIGION PEOPLE!

Guess it's like the swastika, which, if memory serves, essentially was a symbol of "well being" before Nazi Germany perverted it into a hate symbol. And now Sephiroth has been tainted as well.

It's an old symbol for the sun that was used in both India and Japan/China. It's been around in many cultures, also symbolizing "well being" and "power", even the norse god Thor had a swastika in his belt.