OCR01651 - EarthBound "Zombie Lounge"

djpretzel

Oh hey, it's Mazedude, and he's awesome again. What's up with that? How is every mix he makes so awesome? I do not know.

Anyways, this is classic Mazedude right here. We've got crazy drums, trackery synths, wierd sounds, all coming together to make this song. It's a little on the short side, but this is forgiveable because IT IS MAZEDUDE for gosh sake!

If you haven't heard Bound together yet, what the hell? Download it download it. It was awesome when it was released and it's still awesome now.

Awesome.

This is by far my favorite arrengement from Mazedude. The sound design, the interesting melodic and harmonic choices not only embrace EarthBound style of composition, but enchance it. The single golden pearl of this song, however, is the lead at 1:50 - amazing choice of sound and interpretation.

Also, I can't lounge to this. Maybe Zombies can, tough.

Can zombies strut? This seems to imply they can.

Cool layered beats and the lead synth sounds like you kicked R2D2 in his robot junk. I love it!

I think it ended way too early; it has a longer intro, so I was expecting a few more sections once it did finally get going with a melody, but it just kindof faded out. ;_;

Really cool, but too short.

I like it. You are able to create a refreshing interpretation of the earthbound soundtrack. EB was one of my favorite games...when I had time to do things other than study...those were the days...

Not sure the exact time, but at around 3/4s into the song you use some different sounds. My biggest complaint would be this part. These sounds kind of drown out the rest of the mix, IMHO. Also the song comes to an end to quickly. Granted, there isn't much source material, but I hate when a mix ends too soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Ah...one of Mazedude's now 45 remixes, each one as unique as the next. This one, in particular, is as distorted and disturbing as possible, although that's probably to do with the source tune :<. Great, as usual, but it doesn't really go anywhere after the last theme starts at 1:50. It sounds amazing, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I'm left hanging as the song just fades out on that last loop.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The setting here is amazing. It feels like haunted carnival music where every 3rd or fourth note is unnecessarily drawn out and sharped or flattened. "Zombie Lounge" feels so appropriate for this mix, like there's twenty or so zombies stumbling around some back room of some barroom lounge. It has a very nice creepy edge to it without actually instilling a sense of dread in the listener. Very nicely done and definitely one of the more funner atmospheric tracks out there.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01651 - EarthBound "Zombie Lounge"