Looking for professional, experienced composer(s) for paid gig

zircon

A couple years ago, I edited + arranged some music for a juggler in the NYC area, Meike Fromm (or simply "Mika"). A month or two ago she asked if I could write some new material for her, and I said I would try, but I simply don't have the time right now. I promised I would find at least one replacement, so here I am looking. This is a paid gig assuming she uses your music.

Video: http://diabolomika.com/videos/mika.mov

So as you can see, she uses a number of musical styles, most of them being fairly rhythmic in nature, and tending to be on the uptempo side. Having access to various ethnic sounds, particularly Japanese/Chinese, is a plus. Last we spoke she was looking for something perhaps in the vein of an anime theme (maybe more like J-pop, that's the impression I got.)

If you're interested, please PM me and include your email and full name, plus website/demo (if applicable.) You absolutely MUST:

1. Be willing to work with her (the client) and make revisions. English is not her first language, and she is not a musician.

2. Be willing to speak on the phone; this might be a given for some, but when I have worked with her, it was always easier and more efficient to go over things that way.

3. Have decent quality samples - if you haven't done any paid work before, and/or don't have a remix posted.. eg. if you're just some guy with FL, don't bother. Like I said this is a *pro* gig, this music will be used repeatedly in a wide variety of live performances. If you're not a serious musician this isn't for you.

Again, a website & demo are preferred, but not necessary.

I will pass on the contact info of interested parties along. Best of luck, and if you're interested please reply ASAP, I want to get the ball rolling..

That's really cool. Someone should hit up SGX or something. I am actually also interested because I'll have nothing to do after this week (finals week) for like a month. There are a million people way more qualified and more in need of money to do this however. But put me down for being interested

EDIT: Nevermind. Watched the video and thought about it a little and realized I'm not really cut out for this style.

Maybe I'm freakin' retarded but I couldn't find the PM button.

Hope that's not a bad indication, but I'm interested in the gig.

PM/eMail me so we can get the ball rolling?

You're not retarded, Mustin. There is no PM button. If you want to send a PM to someone, you have to click on their name, scroll down a bit, and click the "Send a private message to _____" line in the "Contact Info" box.

Not particularly streamlined, huh?

L2read, he said the style in the very first post.

sure, he mentioned some vague ideas, i was looking for something more specific. like, three songs in this style, two in this one, two in this one, make them sound like this other popular song that i like...

i've never seen the 'l2read' expression, what does that mean? learn to read?