Metal Remixes?

Vanilla Gorilla

Hey guys, really sorry if this turns out to be the dumbest question of the week, but I'm curious about different music genre remixes.

I know OCR has tons of house/trance/techno remixes, but what about metal? I found a few Megaman metal remixes over kazaa waaaay back in the day, but was curious if I could find any here?

Thanks!

Hey guys, really sorry if this turns out to be the dumbest question of the week, but I'm curious about different music genre remixes.

I know OCR has tons of house/trance/techno remixes, but what about metal? I found a few Megaman metal remixes over kazaa waaaay back in the day, but was curious if I could find any here?

Thanks!

of course. OCR is by no means limited by genre. to find metal remixes though, it helps if you go by people who generally work in that style:

Sixto

SnappleMan

Housethegrate

Goat

Ailsean

Rize

Game Over

Ashane

Norrin Radd

Midee & Prozax

CarboHydroM

i'm probably missing quite a few. also, there's some other places in addition to OCR to get your fill of metal video game tunes:

Dwelling of Duels - a monthly live instrument video game arrangement competition. it's not specifically metal, but a lot of the entrants generally turn out to be anyways.

Metroid Metal - the home of stemage and the metroid metal project.

there's also a number of video game cover bands. you can find a (very incomplete) listing of them here.

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01317/

A lot of genuine metal arrangers don't seem to be aware of OCR, or, if they are aware, submitting stuff. Maybe they don't think metal can make it. :lol: I wouldn't really know for sure. We need some more metal in our diet here.

There's also stuff like http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00569/, but that's all sequenced. Not much actually here that comes to mind specifically as metal. Suzu above has a pretty good list of the edgier rock arrangers in the community.

Well, whether or not it makes the cut is still to be determined, but I've got a song that is purely melodic death metal ready for submission, complete with brutal death vocals ^_^. If it DOES make it, it may possibly be classified as the most brutal piece on the site. Maybe... I haven't heard ALL of them so I could be wrong. If I finish my translation work quickly enough, I'll submit it tonight. Assuming that it passes, it ought satisfy quite a bit of metal thirst in the community. ^_^

Well, whether or not it makes the cut is still to be determined, but I've got a song that is purely melodic death metal ready for submission, complete with brutal death vocals ^_^. If it DOES make it, it may possibly be classified as the most brutal piece on the site. Maybe... I haven't heard ALL of them so I could be wrong. If I finish my translation work quickly enough, I'll submit it tonight. Assuming that it passes, it ought satisfy quite a bit of metal thirst in the community. ^_^

Sweet. I hope it makes the cut. VG melodeath would be awesome.