11 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,666 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 16bit Radio

16bit Radio

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

Joshua Morse strikes again! Great job. I could rock out to this funk all day long.

#3 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

AWESOME! Downloading the torrent as we speak. I love Mega Man and I love Joshua Morse's music. What better a combination?

#4 richter

richter

Hedgehog Heaven Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

This album gets better with every listen. I especially love Elec Man and Spark Man. So good!
I put together Hedgehog Heaven a billion years ago. These days I make games.

#5 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationForest Hill Zone

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Only gripe is the phrase from 2:42-2:47. The way the bass continues while the chord lingers just throws me off, but the rest is another classic by Mr. Morse.

#6 genius11433

genius11433

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJamaica, NY

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

The brass line in the beginning reminded me a bit of Daft Drafts, but then it really goes into its own. A nice jazzy piece that I do not regret having downloaded. Good work, Joshua, and keep it up! My only gripe--and a minor one at that--is that in the keyboard solo that starts at 1:54, parts of it sound like the keyboardist's fingers slipped onto the wrong keys in his attempts to fill the space.

#7 rainmanbk

rainmanbk

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

So.. I land on the ocremix.org home page, see a compilation album of Mega Man remixes by.. JOSHUA MORSE?! Are you friggin' kidding me?!

Classic jmorse. Love it. Go download it now.

#8 Mirby

Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,545 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

I already reviewed this album... But I'll put what I said for this track here! :D

Oh, Air Man. Contrary to popular belief, he can in fact be beaten. Ooh, nice bass at 0:14; sounds like more standard JM funk is the theme for this track. The bass really bumps in this track, something I’m really enjoying. Guitar at 1:04 taking on the source. After this, I’m gonna have to listen Bramble Reprise. Ooh, solo at 1:54. Heh, I bounced too much and my computer almost slid off my bed. Back to source at 2:38 or so. Epic bass solo at 2:56. Those are words I never thought I’d type, but here they are. And better yet, this bass heralds the end of the track, with more source at 3:28. The end is near at 4:04.

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#9 Neblix

Neblix

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,825 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Interesting synth brass in the beginning. Love when the percussion comes in with that slap bass. I like the warmer, staccato leads in your music. They're a nice break from normal face melting synths and guitars I hear in EDM and rock mixes.

You've managed to instantiate a Mega Man X type of vibe in some parts, so good plus for that. Feels pretty light for a dance song, and it's entirely fitting since it's Air Man. Groovy, and I'm glad I downloaded this album. Nice work. :nicework:

gang%20sig.png
facebook | twitter | linkedin | website | soundcloud | code
impact soundworks developer | gossamer games audio director
current projects: Sole (iOS)

#10 OA

OA

Judge, Unsung Heroes Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,881 posts
  • Locationmn, usa

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Some pretty solid ideas, but a lot of the parts seemed a little tacked together for me. THe ending seemed very strange to me as well. There are some moments of brilliance, but I think the track needs a little more polish. Some of the parts aren't quite locking together, etc.

Definitely enjoy it, but can't help but feel that it could be even better.
Posted Image

#11 Crulex

Crulex

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

Oh, yeah, funky! Man, I really enjoyed those solos, from the guitar to the keyboard and on. You can definitely get your groove on to this jazzy beat. Wasn't really feeling the ending, as it seemed to just jump up out of nowhere. I can hear some of the Latin style at some points and altogether, not my favorite ReMix off this album, but it works.

06_hisakoultra.jpg

#12 timaeus222

timaeus222

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

I'm glad I waited this long to give a proper review to this track. Because back then I wouldn't have given this as much credit as I do now. So good. <3
Zebra2 Soundbank || SoundCloud || Twitter || Facebook 

Might collab to add: Piano, E.Bass/Guitar/Piano, Drums, Synth, and Glitch FX.

"[T]he 4 on the floor is actually driven through the floor[.]" ~ OA

wk24xw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums