Battletoads Pause Music

http://tindeck.com/listen/ysfi

This should be it.

Hope that's all sorted. D:

i... don't know what to say.

haha, just get a vocal track on here and it'll be golden!

in all seriousness, if that was ever desired (still can't decide whether it is or not...), despite being a drummer, i'm not a fan of solo drum pieces/remixes. I think it's a clever and funny but beyond a little giggle i'm not sure where i can see this going.

Yeah. It was more to delve into the actual perception of

'would the source tune being manipulated be enough'.

It's an interesting concept. Because DrumUltima's mix " OHMYGODIT'SADINOSAURGETINTHEEPOCH! "

Proved that It CAN be done, but this is different in Percussive style.

I'm less interested in actually getting this to a 'posted' level as I am in seeing the limitations and what would pass it.

You have to admit. You're interested right?

not going to lie. when the first link wasn't working on tindeck and the downloaded file was a 0kb unplayable mp3 i thought you were going for an avant-garde john cage approach in which the music we were supposed to hear was not the mp3 but the sounds around us.

:|

and yeah, it can be done but drumultima's mix had a lot of variation to keep it interesting yet still remain close to the source.

right now it just sounds like a drum solo but not necessarily the BT pause music. what you could do though is what bands like godsmack and slipknot do with their drum solos and you could have a bunch of different drum sounds and percussions alternating between the different parts of the "melody" and then build from there.

Hmm... Well, as odd as this is, there's not nearly enough source in this for it to be passable. Unlike DrumUltima's source, there's a very basic percussion line, and quite frankly that needs to be pretty salient in this track in order to be recognized as the BT pause theme. DrumUltima lucked out with the CT track in that the percussion was quite complex, which allowed for more variation and options to keep the source recognizable while doing so. Considering the source is a 6 second loop, making the source recognizable AND varied enough would be close to impossible, if you wanted to have a posted version of the track on OCR.

If someone wants to prove me wrong I'd be excited to hear it, though.