OCR02607 - Revenge of Shinobi "Memories of Blood & Bone"

djpretzel

I have to admit, the phasered supersaw kinda threw me off when the piano came in with it as well. It seemed louder than the piano.

Nice kick. Not much of a fan of the sub bass though. 1:13 felt oddly abrupt to me, because it sounded somewhat off rhythm.

Nice glitching at 2:01. Loved the retrigger and delay on the hi hat and kick.

2:48 - the drums seemed disconnected with the feel there. I would have made the drums softer there, but oh well. 3:17 felt a little bare without a cymbal, but it's OK.

Solid enough, agreed about borderline pass.

Love every mix from the RoS series, this one is no exception.

This is the first year I am not a forever alone ninja (although I guess last year counted too, except at the time it wasn't a certain thing).

Being a solo ninja is hard, working together with your ninja-mate harder still.

What a great mix, that it makes me reflect on (and try to appreciate) all these things.

5 heart-shaped shurikens for j00

• 2 months later...

From the source and title, I wasn't entirely ready for a chill hip-hop ReMix with piano, but this pretty nice. Some of the piano notes and a few other items like the later drums sounded a bit sharp or loud to me, but nothing that bugs me too much. Sweet stuff.

• 2 years later...

An interesting genre choice, but I don’t think this track was executed very well. The percussion work sounds all over the place. Sometimes it works, but then sometimes it will sound out of sync. I don’t know if that’s intentional or not, but it was a little distracting to me. I do agree with Crulex when he says some of the piano notes and drums sounded sharp. Hard to find any strengths in this remix, personally. Not the worst I heard, but it definitely could have been better.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02607 - Revenge of Shinobi "Memories of Blood & Bone"