Cosmic Prism

[WIP Deadline] Jump Out!!! The Shonen Jump Remix Album

167 posts in this topic

Shonen Jump Remix Album

ALBUM UPDATE

The Shonen Jump Remix Album will accept remixes from ANY Shonen Jump Video Game.

The Shonen Jump Universe is quite large indeed, and this way many Shonen Jump Video Games can be covered. Giving artists a variety of sources to choose from (Much thanks to my Co-Directors for pitching this idea)! The Album as a whole will have 1 Opening song and 1 Closing song using the criteria listed below. 

Album Status: Deadline Period :).

Overview: This is the Shonen Jump Remix Album. The focus of this album is to bring attention to the amazing music that's in Shonen Jump Video Games. Some anime games can be seen as obscure, but by all means this does not mean that the music is any less awesome! The Shonen Jump Remix Album pays homage to some of the most classic shonen anime out there (as well as well known ones), to bring more attention to the outstanding music in that's in these iconic series' games. The album will also feature Unique tracks that act as the Opening and Closing Songs, which will be the albums version of the Anime Opening and Closing Songs that we all know and love. 

Director: Cosmic Sounds

Co-Director: Tuberz McGee
Co-Director: SkyRiderX
Song Evaluator: DarkeSword

Opening and Closing Songs: Must be a Vocal Track. Or a Cohesive Combination of Sources (2 or more sources).
-Opening and Closing Songs can be claimed by anyone.

Genre: There are no genre restrictions. 
The album(s) will be formatted into Editions; 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, Special Edition, and so on. This will also allow for the possibility of a greater variety of remixes. 

Check-In Dates

1. July 15 – July 29, 2014 [Deadline Passed]
2. November 6 – November 20, 2014 [Deadline Passed]
3. June 29, 2015 [Deadline Passed]
4. Nov 15 – Nov 29, 2015 [Deadline Passed]
5. January 23, 2016 [Deadline Negated]

6. March 23, 2016 [Deadline Negated]

7. June 30, 2016 [Deadline Passed]

8. October 30, 2016 [Deadline Passed]

9. March 30th, 2017 [Deadline Passed]

10. June 30th, 2017 [Substantial WIP Deadline] (In-Progress)

11. October 3rd, 2017 [Finalized WAV Deadline]

12. October 10th, 2017 [Song Evaluation Milestone]

13. October 28th, 2017 [Album Artwork Completed]

14. November 10th, 2017 [Album Completion]

-WIP’s will be sent to the Director (Me). After which, I will immediately forward it to the Co-Director and the Song Evaluator.
-Clearly Mark the messages containing the WIP’s, as this will help me forward it and respond to it more quickly and efficiently. (Ex: Bleach WIP; Naruto WIP; Etc.)

Sources and OST’s:

Bleach Sources and OST's

Dragon Ball (Z): Sources and OST’s

Naruto: Sources and OST’s

One Piece: Sources and OST’s

Yu-Gi-Oh! : Sources and OST’s

Album Outline

Album Goal: 16 Songs (GOAL MET)

- Opening Song: Naruto: Clash of Ninja Series - Various Main Menu Sources (SkyRiderX)

- Bleach: Heat the Soul 7 - Main Menu (jnWake) [Status Pending]
- Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 - Character Select & Bleach: Soul Resurrection Start Menu Music (Cosmic Sounds) [Potential Drop]
- Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2: Crisis (Malcos)
- Dragonball Z Budokai: Wild Soul (Fungist)
- Naruto: Clash of the Ninja 4 - Hidden Leaf Gate Night (DarkeSword) [Status Pending]
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Dusk Sky Prairie (Nutritious and Cosmic Sounds) [Potential Drop]
- One Piece Grand Adventure - Skypiea [Angel Beach] (Guifrog)

- One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1 - Iceberg Isle (DaMonz)
- One Piece Unlimited Adventure - Silver Mountains (Damashii!!) [Status Pending]
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories OST - Password Menu (Timaeus222)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories OST - Preliminary Duels (Tuberz McGee)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transfer - Ending Theme (Radiowar)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Over the Nexus - Five Stars (Amphibious)

- Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2: Ancient Mystery (Malcos)

-Closing Song: Jump Ultimate Stars: Heaven's Strongest (Hunter X Hunter) & The Sign Leading to Greatness (One Piece) [Thirdkoopa] [WIP Extension]

---------------
Expert Resources:

-Mixing: Argle
-Drum Programming, and Mixing & Mastering: Timaeus222
-Orchestral Production: Niefion
-Male Vocals: Orangedragan
-Male Vocals: Xarnax42
-Female Vocals: wildfire
-Female Vocals; Soprano & Lyrics: Analea
-Male Vocals (Baritone), Live Guitars & Ethnical Instruments: Tuberz McGee
-Male Vocals, and Bass Guitarist: Furlias
-Violinist: Chris|Amaterasu
-Violinist: TeraCMusic

---------------------
Progress:

Claimed
WIP
Substantial WIP
Completed Song
Finalized WAV

---------------------

Sigs:
-These sigs were made for the Shonen Highlight and the Shonen Jump Album.
-Interested in a sig, then feel free to grab one.
-Big thanks to Doulifee!

oah7Cpw.pngdcT2Yxi.pngGkl0eJJ.pngTVXnaWO.pngU8UPwLZ.png(Marik and The Winged Dragon of Ra)

Cosmic Prism likes this

I think that sounds awesome. I actually floated an idea similar to this when that whole "technomanga" stuff was happening. From the thread:

Let's do an album of remixes for music from anime fighting games. Maybe some tracks from classic DBZ fighters, maybe some Naruto, Bleach, Zatch Bell, maybe a Jump Super Stars track or something. We can call it Technomanga.

I think it'd be cool to do an album like you described, but I don't think it should be as broad as "games based on an anime or manga." The list you posted is massive. If you're gonna do one, zero in on specific series or specific genres. Something like "remixes of Shounen Jump games (DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc.)" or maybe "remixes of anime sports games (Prince of Tennis, Inazuma Eleven, etc)." I don't think that "based on anime" is enough of a unifying theme.

Once I get a computer I'd be happy to do a remix of madoka magica portable. If it ends ip being that broad. It has a really good soundtrack.

I think it's a cool idea!

(I don't have any other input right now except for saying that)

I think that sounds awesome. I actually floated an idea similar to this when that whole "technomanga" stuff was happening.

Thanks,

I do agree that “games from anime” is too broad of a theme.

Something like "remixes of Shounen Jump games (DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc.)"

I really like this theme.

So the albums’ theme will be: “remixes of Shonen Jump games.”

---------------

To throw out an additional idea: Each game section (in the album) could have an opening and an ending song. (Just like an anime does).

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Mang. I'd be so down for something like this.

I love me some Shonen Jump.

I'd jump on this in a heart beat! I love anime music with a burning passion! xD

I love anime music with a burning passion! xD

This. So, much xD.

I have some more solidified ideas. I'll update the first post when I have the time to.

@Tuberz: Would love to have you participate! :)

I'd jump on this in a heart beat! I love anime music with a burning passion! xD

Just to clarify, this wouldn't be an "anime music" album, but a game music album for games based on anime (specifically Shounen Jump games).

Just to clarify, this wouldn't be an "anime music" album, but a game music album for games based on anime (specifically Shounen Jump games).

Of course. Perhaps I should have worded that a bit better xD

Edited by SkyRiderX

First page updated with new info.

Thanks for all of fhe feedback!:)

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

I claim this song -

This was my favorite song ever from that series xD'

Edit: We might want to think about swapping this thread into a official recruitment thread soon. We might also want to inquire about getting OCR stamp of approval so we know that we're in the clear.

Edited by SkyRiderX

The first post has been updated.

Feedback is greatly appreciated,

Cosmic

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Why not just let anyone pick any source from any title under the moniker of Shonen Jump?

To be honest, that makes more sense and it will probably be a more diverse and fun album for it.

Sorry about the delay everyone, but it looks like I accidentally cut off a nice chunk of the first page while editing it on a handheld device -_-. So, I'll re-format the front page adding back in the games yu yu hakusho, yu-gi-oh, and whatever else was cut off.

I agree with tuberz. We should leave it a bit more open or at least leave it open to a whole series and not just one game specifically

I agree with tuberz. We should leave it a bit more open or at least leave it open to a whole series and not just one game specifically

Thanks for the input guys :).

The first post has been updated. There will be no further changes to the format. [Regarding claiming sources anyway :)]

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Another series that might be good to include would be the .hack// series. what do you guys think?

Edited by SkyRiderX

Offering mixing, mastering, and drum programming for this album.

Edited by timaeus222

Another series that might be good to include would be the .hack// series. what do you guys think?

.hack isn't Shonen Jump. Also it was originally conceived as a video game series with LOTS of multimedia tie-in. It's not really a game based on anime.

.hack isn't Shonen Jump. Also it was originally conceived as a video game series with LOTS of multimedia tie-in. It's not really a game based on anime.

That's a valid point DarkeSword I stand corrected. I knew it wasn't Shonen Jump but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. It does have a TON of other media mixed into it...you could most likely make a whole album just on all of that alone xD

Edited by SkyRiderX