Sir_NutS

#shamelessselfpaneling

Artist: Sir_NutS, Stephen Kelly
Name of the games arranged: Deus Ex
Name of the arrangement:Holographic Projection
Name of the individual songs arranged: 'UNATCO'

Link to remix: 

Link to Original:

Shameless self panelings aren't fun anymore since the queue is caught up nowadays...

Anyways, this is a psy/goa remix of the UNATCO theme.  Now, this was a real doozy, with over 120 tracks in a single project.  The detailing took that much work, but I think it was worth it in the end.  Since we cannot use Square sampling in our mixes, I recruited once again the talented Stephen Kelly to do some voice over work and boy did he nailed it.  He brought a lot of needed power to the mix, and his voice clips were so cool I ended up slicing and mangling those into more glitchy sequences for some sections.

There are some sections where I go all out on the mangling and glitching, and destroying the melody structure.  I had a blast.  I also used a mix of my own and Stephen's recordings for sections like around 3:08, though the vocal-to-mangled sequence conversion is really used throughout the song in many places.  Needless to say this is very infected mushroom inspired on that sense, although the fuller sections are more influenced by a more classic goa direction.  I don't really want to dig into more details because this would become an essay, but suffice it to say designing all these sounds took several 8+ hours mixing sessions (though some of the layers of pads and textures are taken from things like 99Sounds' Project Exodus and took little processing)

Anyways, Enjoy!

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/07/03 - (3Y) Deus Ex 'Holographic Projection'