NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming - History

Level 99

Listening party details:

Time: Sunday, July 10th. 6 PM EST.

Place: OCR listening party IRC, irc.esper.net (room #OCRListeningParty)

OverClocked ReMix presents, in association with NiGHTSIntoDreams.com:

Cover%20final%20JPG%20preview.jpg

Project Director: Level 99

Project Assistants: Bahamut, Prophetik

Project Associate Producers: DiGi Valentine and TRiPPY

Artwork: JoF, TRiPPY, Ryuko DragonHalf, Keiiii, Ellavega, OA

NiGHTs into dreams was released on July 5th, 1996. It is a game that means a lot to me, and has a fantastic soundtrack that I feel is in need of proper tribute. The 15th anniversary of the game’s release will be July 5th, 2011, and I can think of no better way to celebrate this than to organize and create a NiGHTs Arrangement project.

There will be a lot of art, and a lot of music. 2 Discs of music, in fact. The album doesn't have an overall musical theme, besides the inclusion of the NiGHTS motif in nearly every track, but rather a consistent level of quality in the ability to evoke various thoughts and images of dreams in the listener.

The tracklist is below:

Level 99, Avaris, and The Prophet of Mephisto - NiGHTs and Reala (The Nemesis Schema)

Level 99 - Growing Wings (Twin Seeds Flyby)

LuIzA - Deep It Lies (Lies within Dreams)

Geshen of Balamb - Suburban Museum (Urban Museum)

Tryezz feat. DiGi Valentine - The Mantle (New Jack Mantle)

Level 99 and the Dreamers - Dreams Dreams (The World is Dreaming)

Dj Mokram - The Dragon Gave a Loud Scream (The Desert had a Strange Dream)

Sixto - Gate of Your Dreams (Beyond the Dream)

Cyril the Wolf, Level 99, Brandon Snell - E-LE-KI Sparkle (Clawz Jam)

ProtoDome - Under Construction (The NiGHT has just begun...)

AkumajoBelmont - Paternal Horn (I'll Fly You (nel cielo notturno))

MattInc - Message from Nightopia (Panzer Nightopia)

José the Bronx Rican - Gloom of The N.H.C. (Overnight Cloverleaf)

Josh Whelchel feat. Danielle Messina and Ryan C. Connelly - D’Force Master (Dies, Nox et Omnia)

AkumajoBelmont, Level 99 - Dreams Dreams (Dreams Dreams (Disco NiGHTS Mix))

Avaris, Level 99 - Deep It Lies (Restless Depths)

Rozovian - The Amazing Water (Flow of Dreams)

Audio Fidelity, Josh Dunlap, Eric Griffin, Ben Charles - Dreams Dreams ~In Silent Memory~ (Slumber on a City Corner)

Benjamin Briggs - She had Long Ears (She Had Angry Pixels)

pu_freak - Fragmented Nights (From Dusk till Dawn)

Sundog - Take the Snow Train (Trans-Siberian Tuning Fork)

OA, DragonAvenger - After the Dream (Tomorrow Should Have Been Last Night)

Fishy - She had Long Ears (She can has long ears)

Emunator - Gate of your Dreams (Sleepless Nights)

Bonus:

AkumajoBelmont, Level 99 - Dreams Dreams (Dreams Dreams (Disco NiGHTS Mix)[10" Karaoke Mix])

ProtoDome - Under Construction (The NiGHT has just begun...[10" Karaoke Mix])

oh great another project. :<

Yeah yeah, this is all your fault anyway. If you didn't do such a good job with the last one I wouldn't feel inspired to try it myself. Oh, and you PERSONALLY can't claim a track until I hear a report from Ms. OA that you've gotten some sleep, taken a vacation, and cleared your plate a bit of other stuff. :nicework:

Yeah yeah, this is all your fault anyway. If you didn't do such a good job with the last one I wouldn't feel inspired to try it myself. Oh, and you PERSONALLY can't claim a track until I hear a report from Ms. OA that you've gotten some sleep, taken a vacation, and cleared your plate a bit of other stuff. :nicework:

i'll make sure that my permission slip is signed and I have an up-to-date physical, as well as my $10.

i'm obviously in, duh.

You're already on the tracklist, we talked about this buddy. It's still your turn for phone-tag

Looks interesting. But it's not like there aren't projects needing remixers already.

Count me as interested. Maybe we should make a deal: you gimme a track for sd3, I'll give you one for this. :D

PMed

i'll make sure that my permission slip is signed and I have an up-to-date physical, as well as my $10.

You forgot to bring a brown-bag lunch!

I can hook you up, man. I'm hosting Around the World and BadAss on the KNGI Forums. Just say the word and I'll get you set up.

PMed

The Saturn doesn't have a chiptunes player as far as I know, and music actually changed with your playing, the moods of friendlies and enemies, and other things. I guess you could choose your styling variants if you wanted from that "complete" OST if you really wanted, but it has to be songs that were included in the game (none of the bonus tracks). I shouldn't directly link to a site that has the OST in MP3 format. But if you're having trouble finding the music, shoot me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction.

The Saturn doesn't have a chiptunes player as far as I know...

It may or may not be considered chiptune, but the soundtrack to Panzer Dragoon Zwei is PCM. There are a number of other Saturn games that used this format for their music as well.

As for this project, there is some great music in NiD. I thought about remixing a track from it once a long time ago (actually started it to), but never did get around to full-on making it. I got sidetracked by another remix, and NiGHTS fell by the wayside.

Anyway, it seems like a rough time to start this, given how many projects are going on now. But hopefully it'll pick up enough remixers over time so it gets done (even if it's not on time).

Best of luck guys. I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

very cool music

i'm really feeling dream and dreams (in silent memory) - nice j-pop stuff there :) - i would do that by myself if your not interested in it stevo

she had long ears could be taken up a couple notches

mantle is pretty sweet - maybe brad can go crazy on that

You can take Dreams Dreams ~In Silent Memory~, I'll put your name on it. You're welcome to it by yourself if you didn't want to collab on that piece. Also, I believe Fishy expressed interest in She had long ears, and John Revoredo wanted The Dragon Gave a Loud Scream.

Just a tip for OA: Check out the song "The Mantle", and the saxophone sexiness there-in.

I've already told Wes I wanted to smack him for starting a new project before the last one was even done. But I've realized a while ago the reason for so many projects is the same reason people submit songs by the millions to OCR: we all wanna piece of the action in this awesome community. I already gave up waiting for any lulls in activity before introducing my own project, so be ready for it soon. :tomatoface:

Anyway, I'm a fan of a lot of the NiGHTS music, but I'm not ready to commit yet. We'll see: the near future, if it's available, I'd love to be able to claim "Gloom of the N.H.C."

It may or may not be considered chiptune, but the soundtrack to Panzer Dragoon Zwei is PCM. There are a number of other Saturn games that used this format for their music as well.

As for this project, there is some great music in NiD. I thought about remixing a track from it once a long time ago (actually started it to), but never did get around to full-on making it. I got sidetracked by another remix, and NiGHTS fell by the wayside.

Anyway, it seems like a rough time to start this, given how many projects are going on now. But hopefully it'll pick up enough remixers over time so it gets done (even if it's not on time).

Best of luck guys. I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

Thanks, Coop! If you ever feel like getting back to full-on making that mix, let me know. Yes, I know it's a rough time, but I think Jose put it best in his post.

I've already told Wes I wanted to smack him for starting a new project before the last one was even done. But I've realized a while ago the reason for so many projects is the same reason people submit songs by the millions to OCR: we all wanna piece of the action in this awesome community. I already gave up waiting for any lulls in activity before introducing my own project, so be ready for it soon. :tomatoface:

Anyway, I'm a fan of a lot of the NiGHTS music, but I'm not ready to commit yet. We'll see: the near future, if it's available, I'd love to be able to claim "Gloom of the N.H.C."

I can't wait to hear about it, bro. If/whenever you feel like dibbing that track, you know where we'll be. I figure that, at this pace, by this time a few years down the road, there will probably be thirty simultaneous projects. The community's only getting bigger and better.

so uh

what's a song that's really upbeat and awesome and would make a good metal song

because I'm not feeling it with any of the (available) boss themes, 'cept maybe mantle :<

Check out NiGHTs and Reala ~Theme of a tragedic revenge~. It's a harder-rockish version of the NiGHTs/Reala boss track. Since the song is done twice in the game in different styles, maybe it's only fitting that there be two different versions in the project.

Hey, you accepting anyone on this? I've never actually played this game however a while back I came across the track "Under Construction" and freakin' loved it. (It's a permanent on my playlist) It would be awesome to remix and I can't believe no one's claimed it! If y'don't want me that's fine, just letting you know I'm interested!