OCR02186 - Metal Gear "Snake Infiltrates"

djpretzel

Overall, I'll say that it was decent.

For the most part, it had a nice feel to it. However, there were a couple arrangements that were iffy, notationally. As for the drum sequencing, that was excellent.

Suggestion: give the song more of a progressive feel. I don't mean in notation, although that's nice, but rather, in arrangement. Make it seem like one thing causes another, if you know what I mean.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded a bunch of remixes, cued them up and went to hang out the laundry. When this one started playing, I was like "Yep, that has to be the one by Beckett007."

I like the singing/chanting, and how the remix goes full on movie-OST around the 1:50 mark.

Beckett's mixes are always so short. I want him to make some 7 minute epos some day, damnit.

• 7 months later...

I made the mistake of not looking at how long of a time this track was. That normally isn't a big deal, but when this ended, I thought my computer had cut it off early. I think OA really said it best; this is a giant tease. What's there is fantastic, and the beginning bit felt pretty awesome and quirky (somehow), and then its done and I WANT MOAR! Y U NO HAVE MOAR SONG? :tomatoface:

After hearing what you did with Wolfenstein a few days ago, I'm actually keen to hear what else you have. Shame this one didn't seem to get much love - I mean, it's Metal Gear for crying out loud! :o

But yes, listening to the interpretation of the source, I do indeed can sense that Hans Zimmer vibe towards it with the string and low-register work in the writing and the more minimalist way of writing.

I got to admit, you got me laughing at 1:20 though - I could almost imagine Snake being caught, guards with explanation mark bubbles above their heads, as if it was remade in the style of the Metal Gear Solid games. The calm parts after it managed to capture something more subtle and triumphant, if not a little brief. I say you got the sneaking part down to a T in regards to the writing - nice!

I do however am with the same consensus with most of the other people in regards to the track length, but to be honest, I don't even know how else it can be extended without making a completely different B section out of it. But what we have in this small package is a lush arrangement, complete with a great amount of realism involved (I'm especially calling kudos on the string and percussion work), and I can say that it's short but very sweet.

Beckett, you've got to have some contributions lined up for 2012; from what I've seen of you, I am seeing a promising symphonic arranger :D

Uh-huh, I'm really hearing Zimmer in those dark strings for sure. That being said, this is an absolutely fantastic ReMix! It really does sound like it would fit in a soundtrack, especially the more it picks up with the tempo change and builds towards the end. The drums work and adding the vocalizing was awesome, but I really have to echo that this is a bit short in the sense that you're almost expecting (and wanting) more because the first two minutes seemed to build up so well, then end. A little teasing, but it was still a solid song.

• 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02186 - Metal Gear "Snake Infiltrates"