Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Strangely, the sources seem to sound as if they'd want to adapt to reggae, ESPECIALLY the Main Theme. So I say you went for something rather tasteful with the genre adaptation. :D

So the track arrangement-wise has "Jamaican Cyberturtle" as the front piece, though the cameos thrown into the game's main theme managed to fit in appropriately within the set too. This genre adaptation kind of works appropriately with the ambience and the envelopes that kind of give that 'creatures living on top of the water' vision towards it. There are indeed a couple of parts throughout the song that rises the track into more of a cacophony of textures - fitting Matt's maximalist approach - and even then they seem to take more of a backseat to the minimalist dub writing that makes this atmosphere so unique.

Also, is that live bass at the 3 minute mark? I swore that slap feels somewhat distinct, and I somehow feel clueless for not seeing you able to carry that forward before

To me, this feels so relaxed and chilled; a completely different writing-based vision to zircon's score, but I personally felt it all paid off by providing a very rare laid back experience, complete with a light hint of tia maria in the mix. (don't ask where I got that from, haha) Nice going!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

This has a sneaky yet light relaxed feel to it - I like it! Well done here, the song makes me smile.

Tags
chill, dub, mellow, reggae