Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 AM
oli

gotta love some of them

I've known this album for a while, but it sort of got lost in my 'random play all' playlist, so I haven't heard it for some time...

Just to give the thumbs up to this whole album which features some amazing tracks (rare respite, crystal swamp...), and especially one particularly big thumbs up to Backwards Room by zykO, who worked on a 22 second long music featured only once in the game (I think.... I'm pretty sure) and created... one of the insan-iest rock track I know !

To me, this is the definition of what OCR stands for: working out of little, and producing masterpieces. And this is why I asked if somebody would do a remix of the 4-second-long Tune of Currents of Zelda, Oracle of Ages (*wink* *nudge* anybody want to get back to that? *nudge* *wink* )

Anyway, I love you guys <3

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Goomba (+100)

I'm guessing nobody checks this thread anymore, but anyway: while in a mall the other day I heard a song being played, and was immediately struck by its similarity to the Roller Disco remix in the DKC2 album. Am I going crazy?

Check out 2:23 of Roller Disco (which sounds like it originates from Donkey Kong Land's boss music but I might be wrong):

Serious Monkey Business: 2-01 Roller Disco (Disco Train)

Then check out 2:07 of this cack:

Calvin Harris feat. Example - We'll Be Coming Back

It's not the just the melody, but also the use of synths. Probably just coincidence but I found it interesting nonetheless. :P

Last edited by Thrik; 03-28-2013 at 02:19 PM.