Worlds Collide/Mega Man-Sonic Crossover

orlouge82

An idea occurred to me one night.

Archie Comics publishes a Mega Man title and a few Sonic the Hedgehog titles, and they currently doing a crossover event with the two universes.

archiecomics_2257_95356866

Coincidentally, Mega Man and Sonic games have been the two subjects of competitions here on OCR, and the idea just popped into my head of doing a similar one-off, crossover-type competition involving both Mega Man and Sonic.

It could be structured in the same way as other Mega Man compos and the other Sonic compos were: tournament style elimination. But each contestant could pick a Robot Master AND a Sonic Zone, and then alternate each week so that each remix was a combination of a Robot Master's theme and a Sonic Zone theme (e.g. Bubble Man in Starlight Zone, Sheep Man in Sky Sanctuary, etc).

To be fair, I wouldn't be able to run the compo. I am way to busy right now. But I just wanted to float the idea out there, and if doesn't get any traction, so be it.

Aw, dangit! I've been planning for months to do this for this season's RMWtS Vs. Special episode. Now you went and spoiled it. I'll probably do it anyway, though--mine is just one episode, so only 4-6 mixes will come out of it.

If you were to do this, you should wait a while. Back-to-back compos with the same source aren't a great idea, and Darkesword has dibs on Mega Man this summer.

If you were to do this, you should wait a while. Back-to-back compos with the same source aren't a great idea, and Darkesword has dibs on Mega Man this summer.

Agreed. Though we should try to convince Darke to do something like this.

SuperiorX did a fine job running the SZRC last time--Darke clearly has no objection to other people picking these things up. Besides, I think he gets fatigued running these all the time.

The format I'd put forward would be a double elimination tournament, in which, as orlouge suggested, each week alternates (first your robot master in your opponent's zone, then your zone with your opponent's robot master). Or you could do a "Draw and Pull" style double elimination format, either alternating as above or with one whole bracket being one direction and the other whole bracket being the other.

If there's few enough participants, you could also do a whole "Vs" style compo, with 8 robot master and 8 Sonic zones, and do it round-robin.

I've also considered a sort of "Grand Melee" format, but that would be a lot more complicated, probably unnecessarily so.

I have an idea of how to do one without any elimination. I can run a short, 6 week compo with 12 participants if you guys are up for it. Competitors have to be ready to remix every week though.

Should I do it?

Oh man, that would be so awesome. Other people should reply and also say yes!

I have an idea of how to do one without any elimination. I can run a short, 6 week compo with 12 participants if you guys are up for it. Competitors have to be ready to remix every week though.

Should I do it?

Sounds like a good idea.

Should I do it?

Yes, YES!! This is a great idea!!