Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

Hmmm. They remade this game for PS2. Are any of the tracks different?

Also, some forum heavy-hitters might swing around to tell you this, but it's difficult to jump into managing a project if you're not well-established in the community. Now yes, you're the wife of a well-known remixer and you've been listening to remixes for quite some time, but if people don't know you well personally it's not easy to stay on their backs to submit tracks. I've been an active poster for over two years and right now I don't think any project I managed would get very far. Hopefully that will change, but down the line.

Sadly I don't remix, but I definitely am in full favor of a Wild Arms project. One of my favorite video game OSTs. I'd love to see this happen.

Aw man.... thanks for the support! haha I'm glad to see Wild Arms fans do exist. I am going to be submitting a couple of remixes on this project for the first time. I'm excited!

Hmmm. They remade this game for PS2. Are any of the tracks different?

Also, some forum heavy-hitters might swing around to tell you this, but it's difficult to jump into managing a project if you're not well-established in the community. Now yes, you're the wife of a well-known remixer and you've been listening to remixes for quite some time, but if people don't know you well personally it's not easy to stay on their backs to submit tracks. I've been an active poster for over two years and right now I don't think any project I managed would get very far. Hopefully that will change, but down the line.

Yes, Alter Code F. WONDERFUL remake.. The soundtrack was replaced with new music, though.

Yeah, Jordan and I have talked about the difficulty of a project. But this is just to test and see if anyone is interested first. Nothing is going to be done quite yet. I am willing to be more involved in the community and to learn what I need to.

I'm up for grunt work (menial tasks that don't require musical or web-design skill). I know that's not the help you really need, especially at this juncture, but if I can help I'd love to.

Great soundtrack, yes. More than enough there for at least one disk's worth of mixes.

EDIT: Jade, you might want to go with Wild Arms Complete Tracks for your track listing, since the Wild Arms OST leaves off more than half of the tracks and some of these left off are quite good and/or memorable (Wild Arms, Power Fighter, After The Chaos And Destruction, Marsh Where The Migrant Birds Gather, Kishum Flame, Battle Demon, The Prologue Begins From Here, etc). Also, the OST is chronologically whacked-out; Complete Tracks isn't perfect chronologically but it's much better. See: wikipedia, rpgfan.

Also FYI: Zophar's minipsf library has the OST but is missing the first nine tracks; it has most of the tracks left off the OST but these are in random order. If this project garners interest I'd be happy to retitle, reorder, and re-rar these (and throw in the missing tracks as mp3s, if we can do that) so potential remixers can get a good listen to all the tracks. See: zophar's.

• 7 months later...
lol Considering I was bashed to death with even proposing the idea, I lost interest in this thread. I hope someday there is such a project.

OC ReMix strikes again.

Honestly, I've found the people and community to be very unspirational for creating music. If you want it done, you should just do it for yourself and keep at it. The people who say you "can't" do it because you're not well known enough are just morons. Making music has nothing to do with a person's popularity. Besides, you could be very popular in different music scenes outside of OCR. That line is just an excuse for them to be lazy and ignorant.

I mean... the people here are great, and very nice. :)

OC ReMix strikes again.

Honestly, I've found the people and community to be very unspirational for creating music. If you want it done, you should just do it for yourself and keep at it. The people who say you "can't" do it because you're not well known enough are just morons. Making music has nothing to do with a person's popularity. Besides, you could be very popular in different music scenes outside of OCR. That line is just an excuse for them to be lazy and ignorant.

I mean... the people here are great, and very nice. :)

You're the one who's ignorant. Nobody has ever implied that you have to be popular to make good music.

They have but I don't feel like rummaging through all of my logs to make you a compilation of all of it. And I know you won't be satisfied until I do. So I'll just leave it at that.

No, people have said that if you're going to head up a remix project you should be more known so that people are willing to work with you. Nobody has ever said anything that equates popularity to proficiency.

As always, you form your opinions by reading half of what people say and making up the rest.

I'm not going to argue the differences between being "well known" and "popular"... that's.... yeah. Whenever someone tries to start a project, the gargoyles descend and scare them away. This thread is a perfect example of that. And it was done to me as well, but I didn't give up.

I would be willing to help co-manage this project if you ever change your mind, Jade.

I'm not going to argue the differences between being "well known" and "popular"... that's.... yeah. Whenever someone tries to start a project, the gargoyles descend and scare them away. This thread is a perfect example of that. And it was done to me as well, but I didn't give up.

Again, you demonstrate your complete lack of comprehension skills. The point wasn't to differentiate between "well known" and "popular," it was to differentiate between writing music and organizing a project.

Composing music and organizing a collaborative effort between multiple artists are different things. And there are no "gargoyles" descending to "scare them away." It's helpful advice to tell someone, "you should be a more active and visible member of the community if you want to organize a project." How on Earth is that a bad thing? The ONLY person who said anything to that effect in the thread was Pezman, and even then he did so very civilly and helpfully.

Stop making negative generalizations about the OC ReMix community because you're too ignorant to understand basic advice.

@Jade: You should take a look at the first couple pages of the thread for the Xenogears project. The poor guy got off to a bad start with lots of people telling him "you can't do it". Yet, here we are now and the project is a couple weeks away from release (which I've been anticipating :-)). Don't let people get you down, if you want to see this project become reality, then you can make it happen!

@Jade: You should take a look at the first couple pages of the thread for the Xenogears project. The poor guy got off to a bad start with lots of people telling him "you can't do it". Yet, here we are now and the project is a couple weeks away from release (which I've been anticipating :-)). Don't let people get you down, if you want to see this project become reality, then you can make it happen!

Exactly what I was coming in here to say. If you're really motivated and you've done your homework, it's possible to succeed and I'd wish you all the best of luck with the project if you end up moving forward with it :-) As far as I'm concerned you've got more credibility and reputation than Foxhull did when he started the Xenogears project and that project got finished despite some setbacks and opposition, so if you're up for it I think it's something within your reach.

Plus, any project spearheaded by you has the potential to be that "EVERY TRACK IN THIS PROJECT IS BY BLINDD" project that BGC referenced in another thread, and we'd all love for that to happen :-P