Video Games Live @ San Francisco, CA

Upthorn

Concert is on Friday, February 22nd, at the Nob Hill Masonic Center, it starts at 8. I know there are some other west coasters here, who among us is planning to go?

I haven't purchased tickets yet, so we can try to get seats as a group. Also we could maybe meetup/party before and/or after. Who's down?

This post will be updated with a list of attendees, as they express interest/confirm.

Edit: Because I am a douche, I forgot to provide links to the Video Games Live show schedule and online ticket ordering for this event.

Concert is on Friday, February 22nd, at the Nob Hill Masonic Center, it starts at 8. I know there are some other west coasters here, who among us is planning to go?

I haven't purchased tickets yet, so we can try to get seats as a group. Also we could maybe meetup/party before and/or after. Who's down?

This post will be updated with a list of attendees, as they express interest/confirm.

With that amount of lead time, Jody, you very likely should have bought the tickets already if you actually want a good chance at group seating. I'd gather as many firm commitments as I could and purchase the tickets ASAP.

How does this show rate, for those that have gone? I'm not one to express my OCRness in real life, especially around cosplay vidiots, but would it be worth the price of admission?

And furthermore, would it be worth free?

EDIT: Ahh, it's at GDC. Although I no longer idolize people in the industry, I'm kinda sad they moved the conference away from here.

(Yeah, I think this might be the perfect place to ask.) How lengthy can the concert be? Pre and post show festivals included too if anyone has any experience in these sort of things or went to VGL previously. I figure going to VGL would be better than going to a movie theater nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to go, but tough to do so when I don't have a car with me and no one is in the area who will be going...(I'm in Monterey Bay fyi). That said, I will DEFINITELY be going to the July 24th San Diego concert (since I'll be down there during that time), so I'd be happy to meet up with anyone in THAT area.

I'm telling you, this is the E3 curse on me. I got one-uped for a ticket to E3 the year before it converted, and since then I have never made it to any kind of videogame related gathering since. I want to go to this thing so badly. It's like the only time it's going to be within my realm of travel, and I'm up to my eyes in financial clockwork.

I swear I'm going to break this curse if it's the last thing I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Fort Wayne, Indiana show. They had some technical difficulties prop up from time to time (and claimed that in 40 shows they had never had any...).

They closed with the standard OWA, and then came back out for a rocking Castlevania encore. At the meet and greet, they said that it was the first time that they had done it on tour. Let me know if they still do it.

I went to the Fort Wayne, Indiana show. They had some technical difficulties prop up from time to time (and claimed that in 40 shows they had never had any...).

They closed with the standard OWA, and then came back out for a rocking Castlevania encore. At the meet and greet, they said that it was the first time that they had done it on tour. Let me know if they still do it.

they blew out speakers at the very first VGL in Hollywood.

also first time they did what, OWA or Castlevania?