Sign in to follow this  
Ramaniscence

Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

I hardly expected everyone to finish. I'm actually kind of suprised as many paople got as far as they did. A lot of people got solid WIPs and just haven't finished yet, which is nice. There was a bit of an outcry for an extension, but really I see little point to that. The idea of the challenge was to be a challenge, and I didn't want to make the work of the people that finished in the month any less valid for actually meeting that challenge.

I think it's really awesome that a lot of people are up to the idea of working on their mixes past the deadline, and I'm really glad that the competition was able to give them a solid foundation to build on. I'm open to some sort of Freshly Baked remixer Follow-Up if people deem it nessacary to make sure they actually FINISH, but only if that's the case =P

I hardly expected everyone to finish. I'm actually kind of suprised as many paople got as far as they did. A lot of people got solid WIPs and just haven't finished yet, which is nice. There was a bit of an outcry for an extension, but really I see little point to that. The idea of the challenge was to be a challenge, and I didn't want to make the work of the people that finished in the month any less valid for actually meeting that challenge.

I think it's really awesome that a lot of people are up to the idea of working on their mixes past the deadline, and I'm really glad that the competition was able to give them a solid foundation to build on. I'm open to some sort of Freshly Baked remixer Follow-Up if people deem it nessacary to make sure they actually FINISH, but only if that's the case =P

Do I get a freshly baked cookie for submitting my song in first, corrupt flp or not :D?

Would it be too much to ask for a couple comments on my mix as well? Forum noob here an' all that so if nobody wants to pay attention to me I'm not going to be offended, lol.

Yup, you have to have at least 1000 posts and no bans before anyone takes you seriously. Doesn't matter what you've done or how funny, smart and charming you may be.

I'm not familiar with the source tune. As you mentioned in your submission, it is repetitive. Even at its most complex there's really not a whole lot going on. So you've got a good sketch. You also transition very abruptly between a lot of things (the apeggiation, the bass humming, the different drumbeats). It's probably better to stick with one of those and really draw it out. Most of the mixes here really take one or two ideas and squeeze them til everything has been sapped. So focus this and tighten it up. You'll be an OCRemixer yet.

Yup, you have to have at least 1000 posts and no bans before anyone takes you seriously. Doesn't matter what you've done or how funny, smart and charming you may be.

I'm not familiar with the source tune. As you mentioned in your submission, it is repetitive. Even at its most complex there's really not a whole lot going on. So you've got a good sketch. You also transition very abruptly between a lot of things (the apeggiation, the bass humming, the different drumbeats). It's probably better to stick with one of those and really draw it out. Most of the mixes here really take one or two ideas and squeeze them til everything has been sapped. So focus this and tighten it up. You'll be an OCRemixer yet.

hausdog's screwed, then.

That's not necessarily true. I've got more than 1000 and no bans... and look how well that's doing for me. :P

That's not necessarily true. I've got more than 1000 and no bans... and look how well that's doing for me. :P

I think the 1000 posts don't count unless you get them inside a certain amount of time. Like a weekend.

something like that. if all 1k are tubgirl posts, and you don't get b&, you reach LEGENDARY STATUS immediately, too. you don't even have to take a picture of yourself naked, or be a girl.