Freshly Baked ReMixer Challenge 2008 (Phase 3: Match-Ups, Mixing, March 16th Deadline

Ramaniscence

Wow... so I ended up with golden rod city... somehow im turning it in to a trance/dance song.. with some TaQ influence... :S.. I wonder how this is going to fair :P

I especially wonder if people would actually be able to recognize the source tune <_<.. I'm not doing much with it except changing the key and moving/adding a few notes here and there.. but its such a different genre I dont know if people would recognize it at all haha.. interesting. Ima post a preview in a bit.

Edit: Ok so here is a little sample I came up with tonight.. I added a little piece of the original at the end for comparison purposes.

So tell me, do you think anybody would pick up on the reference?

DJ SymBiotiX - Goldenrod City Remix

Wow... so I ended up with golden rod city... somehow im turning it in to a trance/dance song.. with some TaQ influence... :S.. I wonder how this is going to fair :P

I especially wonder if people would actually be able to recognize the source tune <_<.. I'm not doing much with it except changing the key and moving/adding a few notes here and there.. but its such a different genre I dont know if people would recognize it at all haha.. interesting. Ima post a preview in a bit.

Edit: Ok so here is a little sample I came up with tonight.. I added a little piece of the original at the end for comparison purposes.

So tell me, do you think anybody would pick up on the reference?

Well it's very hard to recognize. I can pick out the parts of the melody where the theme is playing but that's becuase I know it's supposed to be Goldenrod and because I've made a remix of the saem theme aswell ;)

My suggestion is that you slowly work towards the source (the part you put at the end), like Prot's "Rare Remnisence"

I just realized how close to the deadline we are and all I have a really short wip. I'm going to try my hardest to find time to finish it but unfortunately, I've been REALLY busy lately. I got cast in a school play soon after I signed up for this and we have rehearsal after school every day. Not to mention concert band region contest this weekend and getting prepared for the last month...really sorry, but I might not finish.

SiMV on the other hand, already told me he's lost interest after his project file disappeared a few days ago. He says he really wanted to do this but doesn't feel like starting from scratch again.

I know I've been kidding the entire time about waiting until the last minute to finish my shit, but anyone who's talked to me on IRC or AIM knows that my schedule lately has been hectic as fuck. Twenty hours is a killer, man. I've actually tried to log some time on a track, and I've got what I would think to be a somewhat decent intro, but I just haven't had the time to work on it any further. I promise I will finish my track eventually, because I've wanted to do Kastle Kaos for a long time now, but it's not going to be finished by the FBRC deadline.

Oohh! They're not due until Sunday night! I had forgotten and was thinking it was Saturday night. Well, that'll give me more time to finish up.

I said the same thing.

I'm sure we've all had problems... mine is that I hadn't come up with a concept until two weeks had passed. Instead of a month, it's a fortnight. I'll tell you this, however: this is the very definition of a challenge. Putting aside unforseen events in real life, which are understandable, even if you thought, "there's no way I can make something happen with this tune," ya keep going, and don't give up until you have to. I happen to believe you can ReMix anything out of anything with enough problem-solving. My tune doesn't really have a melody, so I kinda made one, and the direction of this project is meant to be "late-70's crime-drama theme song." If the result doesn't exactly hit that mark, I'm at least confident I have something that'll work after Sunday, albeit perhaps with a sound and mix quality not quite where I'd really want it to be. But we'll see. Three more days. Not givin' up. This is coming from someone who normally takes a year-and-a-half to complete a tune.

WTH?? I keep trying to upload a remix, & i keep getting this message:

ID3 tags could not be updated. Did you upload an MP3?

So, yeah, lemme know what's wrong, because as it stands, I can't submit my track.

FYI, your sig link should be

http://joker.escariot.net/Remixes/SoS-JokerStyle.mp3

not

http://joker.escariot.net/Remixes/SoS-JokerStyle.mp3/

I was assigned Mega Man X2 - X-Hunter Stage 1 and X-Hunter Stage 2 (two separate tracks on the OST).

Would it be possible for me to remix X-Hunter Stage 1 only? I'm rapidly running out of time and feel I could knock out a better remix of Stage 1 on its own.

Blah. My song isn't that great. It's better than the other things I've done, but still, that's not really saying much. It sounds empty and unfinished, and it is, given that I only actually have a minute and fifteen seconds.

Hopefully I'll be able to add either more length or fill up the soundscape by the deadline, but either way, it's gonna be =/.

Hour and a half to have your files uploaded to http://compo.thasauce.net

Hour and a half? oh right.. "Oops." I was having a quick look at the deadline at ThaSauce Compos which says 1 day, 1 hour.

I'll probably just upload what I've done, which isn't really finished (60 % figuratively). Probably no time to record and mix each track properly either.

And by upload what I've done, I mean I'm already well into recording and mixing it as is..