Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread up - there are a few tracks left, so submit a WIP for them quick, as we want this project finished fairly quickly after the August 10th deadline!

i noticed that k rool's theme is still out there, with djp requesting a collaborative effort. i wouldn't mind if he brought the funk and let me use my new tenor saxophone to shred some shit =) i'll throw him a pm.

i'm still planning on doing a track, but getting married has been throwing a wrench in my schedule =)

I told Tauce I have an idea for Token Tango, but it isn't gonna be ready for the next deadline.

I don't know how you guys would handle that (since pu_freak is taking a stab at it).

The track goes to the first person to send me a WIP that I like.

Unforunately, DKC3 and DKL's music sucked compared to DKC2 (though I have always wanted to remix the DKL temple theme...)

ew yeah DKC3 is crap compared to 1 and 2. The graphics were even down graded horrendously , as well as the gameplay x_x.

Just letting people know, Tensei-San wants a collab or at the very least help in suggesting a good direction for him to take with his piece.

Any volunteers/suggestions?

What style is he looking for? Or doesn't he know yet?

I don't know yet, I'm open to any suggestions really. I've tried quite a few different approaches but nothing really seems to work (unless I stay really close to the source). It's hard for me because of the shuffle rhythm and the lack of a real lead melody (it's mostly fast, alternating melodic ideas, much like in a classical piece).

Unforunately, DKC3 and DKL's music sucked compared to DKC2 (though I have always wanted to remix the DKL temple theme...)

I don't agree. There are some tracks in DKC3 and DKL which would deserve a remix attempt. If only I could, I would try :tomatoface:

The graphics were even down graded horrendously , as well as the gameplay x_x.

I could just agree about this...

anso and i are phunking out on lost world anthem.

You're gonna have to check out with bustatunez - he supposedly has a wip, but hasn't showed me yet.

I was wondering where I could find an updated tracklisting? What's available, etc. Thanks!

The tracklisting is always up to date.