OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

How it works is that there's a list of players with reserved slots kept on the server. So when the server has 22 people, and someone not on that list tries to join, they automatically get kicked. I think also if the server is full with 24 people and someone with a reserved slot tries to join, it kicks someone out who doesn't have a reserved slot, but don't quote me on that.

So in other words, having a reserved slot doesn't keep other people from playing if you don't happen to be on at the moment?

Cool. I'm interested in this because I'm considering joining the donor list, but since I'm not on every night, I'd hate to be keeping other people out even while I'm not playing.

So then when donors aren't playing, there are just two empty slots that lock everyone out?

That's silly.

Again, it was by popular decision - before I had it setup so that the slots wouldn't be taken, but then it wouldn't kick people when someone with a reserved slot would join, so they all chose this method.

Besides, I don't pay $36 per month for a charitable reason.

Ok I got a predicament. I got all the medic achievements but one. First Do No Harm. I have tried and tried this one, and sucking at it horribly. I know what the answer is gonna be, "it just happens" or "luck up". But anyway, any suggestions?

Go to a random pub server where it seems like the players aren't that great and stay back and heal everyone.

I'd try cp_Warpath to try to get First Do No Harm. It's easy to stay out of harms way while you heal heavies and everyone else.

I tried cp_fastlane for the first time today, and I completely hated it. I've never had so much hatred for a map before. I feel like the map is too unbalanced toward certain classes. Demos are great because there's tiny corridors everywhere but they can see around corners enough to sticky spam. There are no good hiding places for snipers or engies, except aiming at the exits of doorways.

I thought I didn't like Badlands before, but this one is like badlands with less space. Any other impressions?

I've played ctf_Turbine before, and it pretty much is a stalemate every time. I suppose that's kind of a weakness of all symmetrical maps though. It's pretty fun, especially for a Capture the Flag map. There aren't enough good ones of those for some reason (see ctf_well for more).

OMGWTFBBQ xD

I love the compressed air trick! NO MORE ROCKETS BABY

Tomorrow is the day that Bahamut and I will be cursing your name in the dead of night for at least until the Soldier patch comes out.

...Though to be fair, I'm going to laugh the first time a crit rocket gets bounced back at me. This tweak promises epic laughs.

Ok people, so around 9 pm EST, I'm going to restart the server and make the pw "ocremixtf2" so we can avoid the achievement whorers. It will be normal play.

I'm all for this. there's gonna be enough of us playing Pyro as it is. We should try to inform regulars about it.