secret combos in old videogames

1makes2

how come new games dont have the secret button configs that unlock everything like in the olden days?

the one that is burned into my skull the most is sonic 1 at the splash screen.

you have to enter (very rapidly)

up-down-left-right

then

start + a for all stages

or

start + c (and b i think) for all stages menu and the ability to change into any sprite in the game... and to top it off.. you can fly through the whole level!

anyone else remember any others?

Not big on the Konami code. It's usually just to show off how they know the code, but I don't use that code. I play all the way through without continues, so I don't think having to use the Konami code is anything to be bragging about. Plus, the code takes the fun and danger out. I will use it when playing with a less-experienced player, and I will use the sound test to unlock Super Sonic on Sonic 2 (I've never gotten all the emeralds on that game).

Nah, TMNT2 was B A B A Up Down B A Left Right B A Start (or replace start with select start if you wanted to play with two players).

OMG, I fail so hard, you're completely right. I forgot the starting BABA -_-;

I even made a little gingle back then to remember the code which I still can "sing"... but I guess it wasn't catchy enough. OFF TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

how come new games dont have the secret button configs that unlock everything like in the olden days?

the one that is burned into my skull the most is sonic 1 at the splash screen.

you have to enter (very rapidly)

up-down-left-right

then

start + a for all stages

or

start + c (and b i think) for all stages menu and the ability to change into any sprite in the game... and to top it off.. you can fly through the whole level!

anyone else remember any others?

Haha, I remember when my older brother first showed me that code. I was like "Oh my gosh, where did you figure that out!"

Actually, I still wonder how he figured that out. Must have been a game guide because I don't think the internet existed back then, lol.