OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm not sure if this was the intent or whatever, but the map's pretty wide open. As it stands, a good sniper can pretty much dominate, while pyros and heavies are mostly useless. Every game I've played it's been a contest of snipers, soldiers, and scouts, with the occasional spy thrown in to mix things up.

Although given, the biggest games I've played there have been 3 vs 3's, so maybe things would liven up a bit with more people.

I'm not sure if this was the intent or whatever, but the map's pretty wide open. As it stands, a good sniper can pretty much dominate, while pyros and heavies are mostly useless. Every game I've played it's been a contest of snipers, soldiers, and scouts, with the occasional spy thrown in to mix things up.

Although given, the biggest games I've played there have been 3 vs 3's, so maybe things would liven up a bit with more people.

It is a good map for Snipers, Soldiers and Spies.

I just came up with an awesome idea. However, it involves friendly fire.

A demoman fires sticky bombs onto a scout, and the scout runs into a group of enemies, and the mines are detonated. Better yet, blast a demoman over with more stickies or something.

I dub the idea as a Scout Bomb.

... also, I intend to be on tomorrow (plus it's my birthday then).

I just came up with an awesome idea. However, it involves friendly fire.

A demoman fires sticky bombs onto a scout, and the scout runs into a group of enemies, and the mines are detonated. Better yet, blast a demoman over with more stickies or something.

I dub the idea as a Scout Bomb.

... also, I intend to be on tomorrow (plus it's my birthday then).

Party hats time! Happy Birthday!

Since we don't see a lot of normal games on the server, I've changed the configuration to default Alltalk to on.

Also, it doesn't take much to get people playing on normal evenings... I was actually on to teach two of my friends who just got the game (Kurtis and testdummy88) on Friday, and we eventually got up to 16 players.

The problem with having a password locked game is that you limit your potential audience... we had all of 10 people at our highest county today.

Granted, it does keep out any trouble makers and clans that team stack (BB was doing that Friday).

Speaking of BB, I forgot to tell Dr. Tiddlywink why I did a Team Scramble on Granary during Friday... it was to separate the BBers. By that point, the teams they were on had dominated two maps in a row.

I had a blast yesterday (but I think Atmuh did not like me censoring his Extended remix of "Never Had a Friend Like Me") and I hope to do it again today.

Although it is Monday evening where most of our readers are at, I do hope there is a good turnout today.

I have to take my car into a glass shop to get a new windshield tomorrow, so if I'm on, I won't be on that late.

What happened to your car?

A windshield is something folks definitely need, especially with winter coming soon. Unless your an Aussie.

It developed a huge crack along the bottom of it. My insurance covers all but a $100 deductible.

Speaking of Aussies, does anyone know what happened to Presh?

That wanker went off to join another server.

That reminds me, time to bug Bahamut to clean up the admins list and also remind him to remove people who haven't paid their reserve slot fees lately.

As for me, my reserve slot is paid up for some time, considering that I've paid almost enough for 11 months.