OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

It does disappoint me that our TF2 server sits idle while people actually join Atmuh's server.

I hate playing on his server, because I have to constantly stop and Mute people to avoid going insane... and I've seen people (0ptik) kicked because they tried to talk while others were micspamming.

It does disappoint me that our TF2 server sits idle while people actually join Atmuh's server.

I hate playing on his server, because I have to constantly stop and Mute people to avoid going insane... and I've seen people (0ptik) kicked because they tried to talk while others were micspamming.

Well after MAGFest I'd be able to go on some more, but while in NY, I can't really play TF2.

Cry some more. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

People are just going where ever there are other people. Atmuh's server has generally two communities (this and remod) feeding into it, plus the commentor nights are just getting legendary. Get a group of your friends to join the ocr server, and maybe more people will join up. It might take a couple nights of trying, but eventually everyone will come on, and it'll be full.

(i just have more fun on atmuhs cause i has adminsish~)

Don't like the rules? Don't join.

Wed be better off without you if you do this shit.

I suppose if I don't like the rules I should also stop mirroring maps for him?

Oh, you didn't know I did that, huh?

Actually yeah I did, and I don't give a fuck.

And neither does he apparently.

yeah powerlord seemed reluctant to continue hosting my maps so i said screw it ill find some new hosting and crowbar/we're meeting gman offered so they host em now

anyways rofl stuff last night, really

Actually yeah, and I don't give a fuck.

And neither does he apparently.

Excellent. Saves me bandwidth.

It would have been nice if he'd actually told me he'd stopped using it as a mirror, so I didn't, say, waste my time putting pl_donkeykong_final on my mirror. I haven't just been hosting the maps, I've been taking the time to recompress them in the one compressed format TF2 understands (bz2) because sites like FPSBanana don't have them in that format.

So... anyone up to playing on OCR's server tonight?

god effef u suk u such a remodder why don't u just gtfo and go poast like atmuh or smth.

I'd be up for playing, but my lack of a playable game makes it hard to, well, play.

I'll be there in spirit!

I'm looking into playing toniiiight. I play with minimal settings too!!! :smile:/:sad:

Your efforts were greatly appreciated, Powerlord! I figured hosting the files on my site would give you a rest and would also be a thank-you to Atmuh. I'm sorry I didn't let you know so you could remove the files from your server.

Worthless news is I finished building the computer and am on it now, just waiting for TF2 to download and I will probably be playing it all the remainder of today and then tomorrow. I'm interested to see how it fares.

Happy New Years everyone! May you have a happy and healthy new year.

I added a few maps to the server:

cp_blackmesa

cp_desertfortress

cp_shabbytown_beta2 (couldn't find beta4)

pl_donkeykong_final

pl_cashworks_a5 (and removed a3a)

pl_hoodoo_b5 (and removed b4a)

Also, sorry to everyone if we were playing last night, I went to bed early because I had a headache.

The happy one seems more fitting. That logo is frigin' sweet.

Also, I'm probably gonna hop on in like, 30 minutes. If I don't, it's cause I put too much vanilla extract in my hot chocolate/cocoa/whatever you wanna call it, and it's pretty much got the same intoxication effect root beer has on me, except several times stronger. So yes, I may actually end up playing partially... "drunk." Hooray for underage legal drinking.

Oh yeah, what's the password for the server today?

I'll get on if we get some hot brushfire action going on there :D

BOW CHIKA WOW W-wait, what? Sorry I couldn't get on today, I tried getting up early but I just couldn't.

To Zeph: That looks freaking good. The only thing that I can think of as an improvement would be to put a black outline to kinda break up the coloring around everything. Patch will be a 6 inch patch so it should have enough room.