OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Apparently I really do suck that much, though. I checked my server stats and I only have like 40% wins. Given how often teams are scrambled and maps change and whatever and so forth, I'm forced to conclude that the 10% off even wins/losses is my suck infecting my whole team.

I suck that much too then! I have a 42% winning rate.

1 pl_goldrush 327:45:26

2 cp_dustbowl 321:28:24

3 pl_badwater 170:45:27

4 ctf_turbine 112:52:01

5 cp_steel 105:32:16

6 cp_gravelpit 112:42:29

7 ctf_2fort 305:22:37

8 cp_granary 199:33:43

9 cp_well 121:47:23

10 tc_hydro 263:01:17

Top ten maps as listed by the stats, and their total play time. Yeah, way too much dustbowl/goldrush/2fort.

1 pl_goldrush 327:45:26

2 cp_dustbowl 321:28:24

3 pl_badwater 170:45:27

4 ctf_turbine 112:52:01

5 cp_steel 105:32:16

6 cp_gravelpit 112:42:29

7 ctf_2fort 305:22:37

8 cp_granary 199:33:43

9 cp_well 121:47:23

10 tc_hydro 263:01:17

Top ten maps as listed by the stats, and their total play time. Yeah, way too much dustbowl/goldrush/2fort.

This proves what? That over time they've been played more than other maps? I could've told you that. This doesn't invalidate my point about there CURRENTLY being way too many custom maps in the rotation.

This proves what? That over time they've been played more than other maps? I could've told you that. This doesn't invalidate my point about there CURRENTLY being way too many custom maps in the rotation.

I already addressed this :? . In fact, to accomodate your bitching and moaning, I tweaked the mapcycle yesterday to this:

cp_warpath2

pl_badwater

arena_dailydozen_a2

cp_fastlane

pl_frontier

ctf_turbine

cp_granary

pl_badwater

cp_pacman_wtf_party

ctf_2fort

cp_follower

pl_woodland_b4

cp_blackmesa_final

pl_frontier

cp_gravelpit

cp_steel

pl_cashworks_rc

Note that about HALF of the maps in that mapcycle are official maps, and that this map rotation is only a temporary refresher for those who wanted more variety. The map rotation for tonight when the update comes out will be:

ctf_2fort

cp_granary

cp_dustbowl

pl_badwater

cp_gravelpit

pl_pipeline

cp_fastlane

pl_cashworks_rc

arena_sawmill

ctf_turbine

cp_steel

pl_pipeline

cp_follower

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

pl_badwater

cp_well

arena_nucleus

cp_pacman_wtf_party

pl_goldrush

cp_badlands

which contains a grand total of 3 custom maps out of 27 maps.

Also a reminder for everyone, the password for tonight is "sidebar"

I checked yesterday, I had 143 wins, 143 losses, and a win % of 45%. I guess stalemates count as neither, so that would mean that even if you're perfectly even then it'll end up being less than 50%.

Stalemates don't happen so often. If I had to fathom a guess, it would be that if defense holds on an attack & defend map like dustbowl, the defense wins overall.

Oh! I guess the moral of the story is lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I still suck a lot, though. But not enough to bring my whole team down with me I guess! It's progress!

IMO a good way to determine your suckage is to look at how many kills you make in one life on average. For me it's 1.20 :/

My K/D ratio is 0.87, which is actually higher than I expected. I die a lot doing stupid things for the sake of achievements and/or sacrificing myself for the good of the team. ("If I can grab the intel to keep it from resetting/touch the cart to keep it from rolling back/jump on the point to contest it to keep them from capping it'll be worth it even though I die instantly!")

So uh, we doin' this Escapist tournament or what? Bardic, Neko, Abyss, Tensei, Brush, Edge, and I have expressed interest, but we need to either cut out 2 people, or add 3, and have them all register Escapist accounts and nominate some guy(s) as captain(s) to sign up our team(s). And soon, because only the first 64 get in.

I expressed interest :c

I think you expressed the opposite of interest, Bleck. But if you actually want to be in the tourney, we need 2 more people to make another team. I dunno how we're going to split the players up though...just nominate captains and have them pick?

Another option is if anyone doesn't necessarily care whether they're in or not, we can put them down as alts (up to 2).

Im very interested still, pryo though :)

And on that note.

CRY SOME MORE

So with as many regulars as we are getting on the server these days, how would people feel about a second server with a different map rotation being up?

I can see there being some interesting things we could do with a second server, such as leaving the main one with a more staple rotation of popular maps, and the second one with more experimental rotations & far more open access to the community to alter server settings (to trusted people still, but I'd be willing to open access to most of the regulars).