OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I don't think 3 is reasonable because out of a max possible 12 people on a team, 3 of each would mean you could have a possible 6 snipers & spies on each team - half a team's worth at best. That is absolute garbage.

When I get back from church I'll restart the server to start up the plugin.

Since we're installing plugins to take care of things that annoy us, can we install a plugin to limit the number of spectators?

Will I get banned, because all I do is pretty much play sniper, spy, engineer, or demoman.

Though scout has recently become a lot more fun.

And fuck you valve. They give us the chance to reset our stats, and what comes next? They base the gaining of items off of how much you play. I just realized why I was getting no fucking drops. According to the drop system, I started playing like two weeks ago.

Fuck.

duckyboy, I think they mean more like 'if you play a lot now, you're going to get more items,' not 'if you've played thirty thousands hours you're more likly going to get a drop than that guy who just started.' I could be wrong, but if the entire point behind the random drop system is to bring in new players, the way you're proposing simply wouldn't make sense.

@ Bahamut: I really think 2 is too few, though. Pav, Action Hawk, Gibbo, and Lumpy all on a team, all as Sniper would be perfectly fine. The problem is when you have skateboardguy2 along with his buddy dragonkpr1289 both playing Sniper simply to troll.

The problem we're having is that people completely incompetent seem to be playing only one or two classes, which makes it a lot more obvious than having said incompetent people spread across all the classes. Limiting the number of people in a certain class may be the best course of action to prevent these people, but it also limits a lot of people who aren't trolling.

@ Powerlord: It'll calm down as soon as everyone gets their precious weapons, haha.

@ Bahamut: I really think 2 is too few, though. Pav, Action Hawk, Gibbo, and Lumpy all on a team, all as Sniper would be perfectly fine. The problem is when you have skateboardguy2 along with his buddy dragonkpr1289 both playing Sniper simply to troll.

no uh see it really wouldn't

unless they were all using the huntsman and as such could actually move from their roosts and do important things like pushing the cart/capping the point/stealing the intel

basically as it stands right now the more people you have sniping then the more people you have who aren't really doing anything helpful

You really think that Pavlvs and Action Hawk aren't helpful? Really?

Yesterday (or maybe the day before...my biological clock is really messed up ATM) I was on BLU on Goldrush 1. My team was literally debilitated by Gibbo, Lumpy and Pav. We simply couldn't do anything to counter them. I'm not saying we had the best team, but the point still stands.

Also, new Heavy unlockables confirmed:

http://ccmcs.org/4sc/.meimei/84707.jpg

duckyboy, I think they mean more like 'if you play a lot now, you're going to get more items,' not 'if you've played thirty thousands hours you're more likly going to get a drop than that guy who just started.' I could be wrong, but if the entire point behind the random drop system is to bring in new players, the way you're proposing simply wouldn't make sense.

The problem we're having is that people completely incompetent seem to be playing only one or two classes, which makes it a lot more obvious than having said incompetent people spread across all the classes. Limiting the number of people in a certain class may be the best course of action to prevent these people, but it also limits a lot of people who aren't trolling.

@ Powerlord: It'll calm down as soon as everyone gets their precious weapons, haha.

I'm going to lift the class limit eventually, and 2fort in particular has it unrestricted.

However, skill should not factor into the decision of who gets to play sniper or spy for example, especially with the free weekend & all of the recent Orange Box purchasers. People should not be restricted as to what class they should be all the time just because others are more skilled at it unfortunately (and much to my own chagrin at times). In the interest of fairness, regulars should get some opportunity to play those classes.

You're right Bleck. We completely forgot to try Spies. Man...if only the Spy were updated recently...we probably woulda had a ton! (We had 4 spies.)

@ Baha: Okey dokey. As long as I can snipe (and get killed a ton) on 2fort, I s'pose I'm good.

And fuck you valve. They give us the chance to reset our stats, and what comes next? They base the gaining of items off of how much you play. I just realized why I was getting no fucking drops. According to the drop system, I started playing like two weeks ago.

Fuck.

I agree with the fucking of valve. But I DIDN'T reset my stats, so it says I have around 500hours played. And since the update I've played 7 hours without a single drop. Sooo.. I really don't think it matters. Because this is so badly programmed that there isn't a user based system to it at all, methinks.