Disaster: Day of Crisis

Overflow

Holy cow. This game looks great. I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about it.

It's supposed to come out this month in Japan, but no word on whether or not it's coming here.

Logo_disaster.png

Graphically, it doesn't look too bad, could be better, of course, but the game seems to be presented very cinematically, with interactive cutscenes.

Also, according the wikipedia, the game's getting an M rating. A game published by Nintendo that's rated M? what's the world coming to.

I sure hope it makes it overseas. This game, along with Moon for the DS and The Conduit are at the top of my 'wish list'.

Any thoughts on the game?

Next time provide something other wise I'm just gonna assume you're one of those crackpot end of days conspiracy theorists...

From what I could gather...

The player must survive many natural disasters. The player will take control of Raymond Bryce, a former International Rescue Team operative, as he takes on terrorist organization STORM and various natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and hurricanes in a 24 hours which consists of 23 levels

Um.... okay...?

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826985/vids_1.html

From what they show in the trailers (specifically the "Mayhem trailer"), it could be good...but until there are more specifics on the game, how well the control scheme works, etc, I'm gonna say there's not enough info available for me to make an opinion. Looking forward to what critics have to say after this hits Japan at the end of the month.

Don't take me too seriously, but this would look better:

Holy cow, this game looks great! I'm surprised that there no one else has posted a thread about this. Disaster: Day of Crisis is supposed to come out this month in Japan, but there hasn't been any word on whether or not it's being released in the states.

Logo_disaster.png

Graphically, it doesn't look too bad... could be better, of course, plus the game seems to be presented cinematically with interactive cut scenes.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the game's getting an M rating. A game published by Nintendo that's rated M!? What's the world coming to?

I sure hope that Disaster makes it overseas. This game, along with Moon (for the DS) and The Conduit are at the top of my 'wish list'.

Man, I hate these games with weird plots. If only they could all make sense like having a plumber go down pipes, or a hedgehog fight an eggshaped man not called Eggman.

If plot had been the issue, I would have never been playing games in the first place...

It actually had more to do with how it's one huge oblong hodgepodge... Plumbers going down the pipes stomping on a prehistoric turtle to save a race of fungus and the only human being a princess is workable. A speedy hedgehog capable of destroying huge armies of death-dealing metal monstrosities created by a mad megalomaniac/roboticist works.

But this... wuuuuut?

Some nobody fightin terrorists all the while the entire earth going to shit?

Is he gonna be Mike Roark with the natural disasters while at the same time being John McClane fighting this terrorist group..?

Okay then... let's see it~!

Yeah, but the lure of making everything into kid-friendly, family-friendly, casual-friendly and idiot-friendly is the order of the day for Nintendo games especially when they weren't made to be MA rated like No More Heroes. Unless a game gratuitously advertises comical luridness, they are bound to try to censor. I can see why they would though.

If plot had been the issue, I would have never been playing games in the first place...

It actually had more to do with how it's one huge oblong hodgepodge... Plumbers going down the pipes stomping on a prehistoric turtle to save a race of fungus and the only human being a princess is workable. A speedy hedgehog capable of destroying huge armies of death-dealing metal monstrosities created by a mad megalomaniac/roboticist works.

But this... wuuuuut?

Some nobody fightin terrorists all the while the entire earth going to shit?

Is he gonna be Mike Roark with the natural disasters while at the same time being John McClane fighting this terrorist group..?

Okay then... let's see it~!

The organisation is called STORM... they may be the ones causing the "disasters".

At least, that's what I got from the synopsis...

You forgot "No More Heroes" already..? If NMH can get past with what content it has, I don't see why not D:DoC would be left intact, langauge and all..

But NMH wasn't published by Nintendo, it was by Ubisoft. Nintendo (I hope not) might edit the language to keep a family friendly image on their label.