I get the BEST employee discount EVER (or: help me buy a new TV)

Nekofrog

So, I work at Circuit City for now, and I'd like to take advantage of the employee discount there while I still can (seasonal help).

To make a long story short, I get 60% of ALL Sony brand TVs. Every single one. I want to take advantage of this deal, so I'm looking for a decent/good 1080p TV for gaming and movies only.

We've been looking at some $1,000 TVs at 40 inches which is fine, but have no idea what to get. $1,000 + 60% discount = like $400 TV. So think within the $800-$1200 range. Any suggestions?

So, I work at Circuit City for now, and I'd like to take advantage of the employee discount there while I still can (seasonal help).

To make a long story short, I get 60% of ALL Sony brand TVs. Every single one. I want to take advantage of this deal, so I'm looking for a decent/good 1080p TV for gaming and movies only.

We've been looking at some $1,000 TVs at 40 inches which is fine, but have no idea what to get. $1,000 + 60% discount = like $400 TV. So think within the $800-$1200 range. Any suggestions?

I am so Jealous...8-O

I work at Circuit City for now

...I'm sorry.

,I get 60% of ALL Sony brand TVs.

DAMN. I guess if there's ONE reason to work at Circuit City...

So if anyone wants a good deal....

Even more DAMN (I don't have the money, but my fiance and I reeeeeeally want a TV (it's so small and so old it only has a video in and mono audio). But we won't have money until mid- January (refund checks from financial aid). ...how long is your discount in effect?

Ah, the good ol days...

I used to work at Circuit City when I started going to college about 5 years ago. That was the best job I ever had!

And we also had the 60% off discount, but it was on EVERYTHING.

They stopped doing that about a year or so after I started, but I tell you, they didn't even have to bother paying me, cause I spent most of my checks in their entirety in that store.

I still have the privilege of taking advantage of those discounts cause my ex has a job there and my best friend is working at Best Buy, but now there isn't really anything that I want to buy.

Dang, I can't believe there's that much markup in a TV. Typically, electronics don't have that kind headroom.

At any rate, I have nothing useful to contribute besides my awe at your discount. My apologies. :tomatoface:

I got this Panasonic 50PZ800U for $900($2400 TV). :P It's nice working in retail sometimes lol.

tvwy9.jpg

Problem there is the bulb though. You blow that...you blow lots of money away.

You can buy several bulbs with the money you save. The main problem is that if you have windows going into your entertainment room, it's pretty much pointless to use it during the day unless you get some heavy duty curtains.

That said, does this really belong in GenDisc?