OCR01787 - Romancing SaGa (PS2) "Tant Mieux"

djpretzel

I guess this is my first post huh? Well, been lurking on this site for quite some time. Im impressed with what you did there. absolutely awesome work. on my mp3 player now. got some of my friends addicted to it as well. this is music how it should be done. great job you two. consider yourself whorshipped :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

I got this when it first came out, but figured I ought to write a little something...

This is probably one of my favorite remixes to come off this site. I'm in love with the music from Romancing SaGa, so I was really excited to see that you guys tackled a song from it. It's just.. totally beautiful and epic. It holds true to the source tune, but is still something else entirely. Great job to the both of you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I think the arrangement is hot, and it's great that Sixto helped out with the performance and production aspects of the track. Sixto's collabs tend to be epic, mostly because he picks out arrangements that really move on their own.

This may be Dustin's only track on the site (atr least as of right now, in late 2009), but his arrangements have consistently been great, and his production is almost there.

Extra bonus for the game in question to be a bit overlooked, this track definitely needs to be heard. Awesome work, gents!

• 1 month later...

Greetings and salutations! Anywho, O M G! I l,ove this mix! I've been visiting OC Remix for a few months now but never felt the urge to post. Untill I heard this. This track blew me away, unfortunately I've never played the game before. After listening to this ONE TIME I had to register and post. BTW, thanks to OCR and everyone else for all the amazing music. Keep it up Sixto and Theory!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't recall ever hearing this mix for some reason. I only noticed it because it's listed as a Sixto mix :) .

This is a pretty nifty mix, and Sixto's influence really shines through here. It's hard for me to pick out what Dustin did and what Juan did, but in particular I love the guitar combined with the drumming, especially when the snare drums go into their hard hitting rhythmic pattern with the guitar soloing on top. The arrangement gets a little repetitive towards the end of the song, which is unfortunate, but the song is built strong enough to keep your attention at the least.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01787 - Romancing SaGa (PS2) "Tant Mieux"