A Boy and his Blob RETURNS!!!

Toadofsky

Oh nice... I was just playing this the other day.

Not sure how I'd feel about the addition of "offensive weapon" jellybeans. It sounds like it'd detract from the puzzle-solving aspect of it. But, I'd have to see how it was pulled off first. KF

Ugh, I remember this game from when I was a kid... HATED IT. Though always willing to give a game another shot. Looks great from the little I'm seeing.

Ditto, I rented this game way back when, and I really didn't enjoy it all that much... when I was that young my attention span was too short for this game, and I just fed everything I had to my blob at the start and got bored quickly. But even back then I had to admit that it had some potential, and this new remake looks very promising.

Man...used to LOVE this game back in the NES days, even though it was insanely hard and open-ended. I just like to experiment with the Blob and see what he turns to with different jellybean combination. I was SO looking forward to the DS revival back in 2005...but that got canceled for some reason. Now, it's getting revived again for the Wii. Can't wait.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2009/03/first-adorable.html

WOW. Looks beautiful. Everything is hand drawn like the new Wario Land for Wii. We have another good third-party Wii game here, folks.

One of the screens towards the end pays homage to the original starting point in the NES game. Nice.

Finally, in light of this revival, it's time for a cool OCR track of the old-school NES game:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00881/

I've never played previous games in the series, nor did I have the slightest interest in them. That being said, after seeing only one video, seeing the graphics and hearing the music, that's all changed. I'll have to keep my eyes on this one. If only certain other platformers from decades ago would follow a similar path... instead of giving their characters guns and swords.

The thing that I can't believe, though, is that I'm actually looking forward to a Wii game again.

I always liked the look on his face when you tricked him into eating a ketchup jellybean.

This looks even better than I expected. A few nice things:

- you can jump finally (though not unreasonable Mario levels, so the ladder is still necessary)

- the music sounds good, particularly the remixed night world theme in the second video

- you don't have to 'aim' to throw the jellybean anymore

Still not entirely sure about the 'offensive' items, but so far it looks good. KF