Star Trek

Wacky

That would be accurate if Tyler Perry were actually an actor instead of a modern-day blaxploitation hack.

yeah because blaxploitation isn't real acting

I heard they passed a law a while back that black people aren't allowed to be real actors

are you black

no

why do you care

I don't think that they get that sort of comedy (Kind of like Johnson Family Vacation, I just didn't find that movie funny at all). That sounds incredibly racist, I know, and I humbly apologize to any if that offends...

I'm gonna get banned for that comment for sure :banghead:...

What was your feelings on the movie Nekofrog? I'm curious...

still downloading it

won't see it in theaters until i move back to indiana in a few weeks

Where were you? Japan (You said something about living there for a while, or maybe that's my deranged mind)? And why are you moving back?

I take it's a long story...

I came. I saw. It kicked ass.

It was only a little short for what the movie contained and the antagonist is too easily done away with.

Although I like how they captured the dread of the antagonist's frightening looking dreadnaught.

Just the movie was a bunch of awesome special effects with little and silly reasoning for the antagonist motives.

Though I would of loved to actually see the mass battle before the Enterprise warped into the debris.

I was wrong about this movie. It was not Star Trek 90210. It was Star Trek: The Michael Bay Edition, and the part of me that really enjoys that kind of mindless action flick was satisfied. Problem is if it did not have the Star Trek label on it, nobody would care much about yet another retelling of Generic SciFi Action Movie #2, complete with product placement and revenge-bent villain, because this was pretty much forgettable and unremarkable in every way.

As far as the Star Trek label is concerned, "this isn't your father's Star Trek" is a total understatement. This isn't Star Trek at all. Change the names and round off some ears, and you'd have no idea this movie had anything to do with Star Trek with the lone exception of Urban's McCoy, who manages to channel his inner Bones quite a few times, even though several parts felt utterly forced to the point of being like a parody (particularly the inevitable "I'm a doctor not a..." that felt completely out of place.) Also, New Chekov is possibly the most annoying SciFi character since Jar Jar Binks.

The military structure in this movie is atrocious too, which is sad considering how anal Rodenberry was about it in the original series. These people are getting promoted left and right just because they happen to be there, especially New Kirk.

I'd probably be more displeased, but spoilers prepared me for most of the exceptionally retarded stuff.

I was wrong about this movie. It was not Star Trek 90210. It was Star Trek: The Michael Bay Edition, and the part of me that really enjoys that kind of mindless action flick was satisfied. Problem is if it did not have the Star Trek label on it, nobody would care much about yet another retelling of Generic SciFi Action Movie #2, complete with product placement and revenge-bent villain, because this was pretty much forgettable and unremarkable in every way.

itt Lotd2242 couldn't recognize a good movie if it was a giant cock in his throat

the best thing about when somebody denounces a film as 'Micheal Bay'-esque is how quickly you can assume that they don't know anything about film

this reminds me of all those attention seekers who said The Dark Knight was bad just because they wanted to be different

Describing something as Michael Bay-esque is just shorthand for "this movie is a bunch of over-the-top action sequences strung together by a contrived and flimsy plotline." Sometimes it's a lot of fun, but it's rarely anything special.

As for the Dark Knight, that was saved from mediocrity by Ledger's Joker. He single-handedly made that movie worth the price of admission.