OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"

djpretzel

I'm going to cheap out on you shariq and just paste what I said at vgm. ^_^

Very emotional from the beginning. Thanks to the harp playing.

Enter the beautiful choir and string passages. Nice brass, sounds like it's muted. It works perfectly with this mix by delivering a powerful yet serene sense of grandness. At around the early 2 minute mark I would have liked the harp louder.

The latter half of the mix is mostly, the theme which everyone recognizes. I love the drumwork and choice of drum and percussion. Excellent usage and choice.

Great ending also. I think the reverb here is just a little too much. I know you like reverb, as do I. ^_^ But I think slightly less would have worked better since I don't view this orchestral set up as a huge one.

All in all, amazing work shariq. It has a very grand, yet intimate and serene style that's highlighted by emotionally charged harp sequencing. Excellent orchestral display in terms of understanding and instruments used. Great work!

excellence. sheer excellence.

from the beginning it was excellent, with the harp, and the progression to the classical zelda theme was really pleasing to hear. this is just great, i'm glad you chose orchestral as well, good use of choral elements, everything seemed appropriate about it and nothnig out of place, you did it justice. even when it picks up (which is where some fall apart) it upheld. this is easily one of the nicest remixes on the site in my opinion.

There are too many things I love about this mix. The original songs ("The Legendary Hero" and "Sage Laruto") were starving for mixage, and you delivered. I can't contribute much else that others haven't already stated, but I'll add that you do orchestral arrangements like no one else. I am humbled every time I start up one of your tunes. Keep it up.

Are you planning to do any more Wind Waker tunes? I'd love to see what you do with pieces like "Wind Temple", "Illusionary Room", or "Arryl's Theme" (tracks 35, 46, and 59 on disc 2 of the soundtrack).

I'm going to cheap out on you shariq and just paste what I said at vgm. ^_^

Very emotional from the beginning. Thanks to the harp playing.

Enter the beautiful choir and string passages. Nice brass, sounds like it's muted. It works perfectly with this mix by delivering a powerful yet serene sense of grandness. At around the early 2 minute mark I would have liked the harp louder.

The latter half of the mix is mostly, the theme which everyone recognizes. I love the drumwork and choice of drum and percussion. Excellent usage and choice.

Great ending also. I think the reverb here is just a little too much. I know you like reverb, as do I. ^_^ But I think slightly less would have worked better since I don't view this orchestral set up as a huge one.

All in all, amazing work shariq. It has a very grand, yet intimate and serene style that's highlighted by emotionally charged harp sequencing. Excellent orchestral display in terms of understanding and instruments used. Great work!

:lol:

What he said. Or maybe she. Prolly he.

A Wind Waker remix, cool. I just bought this soundtrack off of Ebay the other day, still waiting for it in the mail. Anyway, on to the song itself...

I thought about writing the standard critque for this by saying what I thought about each seperate part of it, but I decided against it. Suffice to say the word "beautiful" would have been included numerous times. To me both themes remixed are instantly recognizable (and I don't even own the game) and you worked them in together very well. Highly Recommended.

Wow. I must say, I love this remix. Starting with the clear plucked harp, and then entering strings and a seemingly muted brass, not to mention the choir sample and the snare drum that comes in...it all has a sort of quietly epic feel to it that seems to suit the songs perfectly. I loved the Sage Raruto theme, and to hear it remixed so beautifully is a real treat. Great mix, I listened to it on repeat for at least an hour, if not more.

Man. Thank you so much for this remix. I just returned home from a three day vacation to find that my house had been broken into and my gamecube had been stolen. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It was very sad. Luckily my computer was still here (or I think I woulda committed suicide) and I decided to check out what was new on this site. H00rAy! A remix from Wind Waker. It cheered me up a great deal. Also it reminded me that when my gamecube was stolen they did not get my windwaker game because I loaned it to a friend who still hasn't given it back. Whew. So anyway, I'm gonna hafta get me a new gamecube now. I'm hoping to get one soon before that 4 game Zelda disc deal is gone. So once again. thank you for this song!

Lemme just say WOW! I love how the "zelda theme" is minored here! I've never heard done that way before. The tambourine work fits beautifully here. Very ...medieval sounding. I like the harp in the beginnig and revisited in the end. And the modulation in the background is very choral. What a way to open up Wind Waker! This would've been an excellent piece for the game!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01079 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "Ancient Hero"