Komplete 6 almost out - preorder in here!

*UPDATE*

If you're interested in buing Komplete 6, remember to use this link and buy it from zzounds. Not only is it less than going through Native Instruments, (I just ordered the upgrade for $149 instead of $169), but OCR gets a small commission for using the affiliate link.

I know there's sort of the "Komplete 5 is cheap, zomg!" thread left over in Community, but it's pretty well run its course.

So: Komplete 6. Let's talk about it. I'll start.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/komplete-6/

Pros:

-Kontakt 4 looks awesome. (expanded library, and now ATTRIBUTES-oriented browser. FINALLY!)

-new version of Absynth

-new version of Guitar Rig

-very appealing upgrade price if you own any of the Komplete series from 2 - 5. (Especially if you own one of the older series like 2 or 3). $169 US

-Cons:

-owners of Komplete 5 already own 4 of the plugins. (Battery 3, Massive, FM8, and Reaktor 5). I *sort of* feel like K5 owners should get a slightly better upgrade price. But it's still a good deal, so I'm not really going to fuss about it.

-no Akoustic Piano, Elektric Piano, Pro53, or B4II love it seems :(

-uh, that's all I can think of for now.

There's a good chance I'll be picking this up shortly after it's available (Oct 1). I'm probably most excited about Kontakt 4 than anything. I've never really cared for it's browser, and I'm thrilled that they're finally adding attribute searching.

I never use Absynth by itself much, but I use its presets in Kore constantly, and it's got some really spiffy pads, soudscape, and soft, ambient textures (amongst many other types of sounds, but those are probably my favs). So I'm excited to see the new Absynth 5 in action. Plus, it looks like all the K6 sounds are going to be pre-configured to be instantly tweakable in Kore, so that's also a plus.

I don't really play enough guitar to be REALLY excited about Guitar Rig 4, but hey, I'm always happy to see newer versions, so I can't complain. Besides, real guitar isn't the ONLY thing you can use Guitar Rig for, so it'll be fun to check out what new things it can do.

As for the remaining plugins, I don't really care that they're 64 bit now, simply because the synths don't use that much RAM to begin with, plus, so far I've had to downgrade FM8 and Massive back to the 32-bit versions any because the 64-bit ones don't behave properly in FL. Hopefully that'll get fixed soon though.

Anyway. Feel free to discuss if this interests you.

I was happy to see the huge price cut and the new kontakt, I've been planning to pick up kontakt all summer, and was going to buy komplete but missed the sale. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go all out with komplete, or just pick up kontakt. With the huge variety of kontakt though, I think I'll be fine with just that for now. Cheers to the academic discount! :)

Well, since I don't have any of the other stuff in Komplete 6, I'll take this opportunity to talk about Kontakt 4. Hey, maybe they'll release some new free Absynth 5 presets in a Kore Compilation Pack and I'll talk about them then :)

Kontakt 4 has moved into the top 5 on my 'need to buy now' list for a number of reasons, and most of those reasons revolve around the new sample library. The choirs sound really useful for someone like me who doesn't own any stand alone choir samples. I'm also looking forward to the VSL solo strings and organ, although I wasn't too impressed with the strings demo song. Hopefully I'll put them to better use. I don't kompletely understand what's going on with the new sound morphing stuff, but it potentially looks pretty cool. I'd love to have a piano that smoothly transitions to the new mellotron for parts of the song.

I didn't have a problem with the old library, but moving to a more Kore-like library will make finding sounds MUCH easier. I was at a friends house the other day who also has Kontakt 3 and we discovered that we have two kompletely different methods of finding our sounds in the library. That shouldn't happen if a program gives users a solid library system to begin with (not just a fancy file browser).

-very appealing upgrade price if you own any of the Komplete series from 2 - 5. (Especially if you own one of the older series like 2 or 3). $169 US.

this.

even though I have K4, and the only new thing besides the stuff you mentioned is Massive.

I'll probably get it when/if the american dollar goes more into the shitter and I don't have to pay an extra 50 bucks.

also the lack of pro-53 makes me sad (but I already have it so I guess it doesn't concern me)

I'll probably get it when/if the american dollar goes more into the shitter and I don't have to pay an extra 50 bucks.

This is one of the top "win" things I'll read today. I audibly chuckled :)

Yeah, Pro53 gets awesome-er-er everytime I play around with it.

Also, I agree with everything Brandon said about Kontakt 4. And though I've already got QL Symphonic Choirs, I thought the choirs sounded really nice in the demos. I also agree the solo strings demo was a little meh, but I think maybe it was just too dry. I'm sure a nice scoop of 'verb will help :)

Also, I think NI is pretty well dominating the "Browser" and "Sound-morphing" categories of the music plugin industry at the moment. What I wouldn't give if Omnisphere took after Kore in both those regards.

I think I'll bite. Was gonna update Kontakt anyway, but with the crossgrade price for Kontakt users, this seems to good to miss out on.

Even though I don't need all this shit at all, lol. I'll probably just use FM8 and Guitar Rig, and I know I'm gonna install Reaktor, fool around with all the awesome gadgets it has for a week, then deinstall it after realizing the waste of time it was.

What I wouldn't give if Omnisphere took after Kore in both those regards.

What I wouldn't give if you could force these people at gunpoint if necessary to adhere to a standard for these things, instead of seeing all of 'm implement the same idea in half-assed, slightly different ways. Call it the Preset Genome Project if you want to.

As for Reaktor, I'm assuming that it simply takes a lot more time to get everything in place, especially since one of the big word-of-mouth selling points is the user library.

djp: If you want physical models, check out http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=7742 if you don't have it already. A breath controller will come in handily.

• 3 weeks later...
Not to derail this thread at all, but does anyone know where i can still get komplete 5 for a decent deal? I found some on ebay for close to 1000 still, but im thinking closer to 400 seems attainable somewhere...

Call a Guitar Center, as for an AM, and ask them to do a chain search for it. If they find one, ask if they can do a "drop ship" to your house, because that item is no longer available on the website since it's discontinued.

Zeph, are you upgrading or buing it outright? Also, yeah, the Canada thing is understandable. What can ya do, eh? GG anyway :)

I'm going to be a first-time Komplete buyer, on Zircons and Circles' recommendations. I'm still just not in love with the samples, but I'm convinced it will finally just let me get to fucking work already.

Do Kontakt's preset samples, the over 7,000 specified, have round robin or that alternative sampling thing I keep hearing and looking for or how can I do that?

Hmm, seems this is a good chance to upgrade my Guitar Rig 2 to v4. Do any of you know how that works in stores? Do they have separate upgrade and full package boxes? Is there a separate upgrade licence?

Not sure if stores are going to carry the upgrade or not. Physically in store, that is. I ordered mine from Zzounds. (use the affiliate link) :)

Meteo, some of the patches have round robins, some don't. They usually specify in the patch title.

From what I've heard from kontakt they have some awesome sounds, and BGC, I'm buying it outright. I was trying to decide between kontakt and komplete, but I think I'm going to start out with kontakt first.

Hmm, it just seems like such a waste of money considering that $100 more will get you the entire Komplete bundle.

Just ordered it today at the upgrade from Kontakt 3 pricing. The better versions of Absynth and Kontakt will be worth it, and I'll probably be able to use Massive and Guitar Rig as well; I especially want to start using the looper in guitar rig for live performance stuff.