Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

I don't think people are actually that frustrated by the long delays. That just happens sometimes. What's killing most of us is not knowing why.

Like, yeah, pretzel track not finished, we know that much. But no one knows why that particular track is so far behind. It might be nice to hear from the person making the track, get the down low from him on what the status of the track is.

It's just a little depressing that we've been in the dark waiting on 1 track for over a year.

I'm working on it, I've got about 30 seconds done and a pretty good idea of how to work out the rest.

However, it's not just my track - we also need additional art assets, and then a trailer, and then a website. We are working on these tasks in parallel and will be launching an art competition of some kind, probably through gamearthq, shortly.

The album really deserves presentation to go along with the music - people DO just books by their covers, even if they shouldn't, and we wanna do this one right.

I'm working on it, I've got about 30 seconds done and a pretty good idea of how to work out the rest.

However, it's not just my track - we also need additional art assets, and then a trailer, and then a website. We are working on these tasks in parallel and will be launching an art competition of some kind, probably through gamearthq, shortly.

The album really deserves presentation to go along with the music - people DO just books by their covers, even if they shouldn't, and we wanna do this one right.

Awesome. Can't wait to hear it. Big fan of the source tune.

If there's one thing I'm glad OCR does, it's quality control. Good thinking DJP. <3

Awesome update DJ! So very much appreciated...good luck with the rest of the piece!

Just to reiterate, it's definitely my fault this album isn't out yet, not Dave's. There hasn't been enough movement of all the really important peripheral details that are key to a successful launch, which is down to the director. Stevo and the other staff have kindly offered some assistance so we're getting a bit more action now.

Just to reiterate, it's definitely my fault this album isn't out yet, not Dave's. There hasn't been enough movement of all the really important peripheral details that are key to a successful launch, which is down to the director. Stevo and the other staff have kindly offered some assistance so we're getting a bit more action now.

I'd offer you my design skills but 12hr work days + newborn + another organization I volunteer to help out is eating all my time :(

Hello Reinhold here from Game-Art-HQ.com

Am happy that we are collaborating to create a big tribute to Final Fantasy IX through the music and also visual art and am happy to announce that around 20 artists from GA-HQ are on board to create illustrations of Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and many more!

Hello Reinhold here from Game-Art-HQ.com

Am happy that we are collaborating to create a big tribute to Final Fantasy IX through the music and also visual art and am happy to announce that around 20 artists from GA-HQ are on board to create illustrations of Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and many more!

That's pretty sweet. Have you talked to Fishy and the other yet?

That's pretty sweet. Have you talked to Fishy and the other yet?

Heya, I was only contacted by David and had a convo with Larry about what kind of images are cool for the collaboration.

We are providing a new logo, illustrations of all the main protagonists and a few pair images like Steiner and Vivi and Zidane and Garnet as well as illustrations of some of the locations and vehicles

When the album is out we will also do a gallery with the artworks on Game-Art-HQ and cross-promote the Album there

Edited by GBK666

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

steiner_by_fenrir__the_2nd-d8boae1.jpg

How about the deadline gets another delay and the album will be published to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Final Fantasy IX in Summer 2015?

That would allow the Game-Art-HQ Artists to have more time, and I can reach more of them, figure out more artwork ideas and to release the album as the 15th Anniversary would be really cool I think.

The Adalbert Steiner Illustration above by Fenrir-The-2nd is the first of around currently 13 illustrations which are in the works by GA-HQ members.

Greets and a great start into 2015 everyone

Hoffmann

Game-Art-HQ

steiner_by_fenrir__the_2nd-d8boae1.jpg

How about the deadline gets another delay and the album will be published to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Final Fantasy IX in Summer 2015?

That would allow the Game-Art-HQ Artists to have more time, and I can reach more of them, figure out more artwork ideas and to release the album as the 15th Anniversary would be really cool I think.

The Adalbert Steiner Illustration above by Fenrir-The-2nd is the first of around currently 13 illustrations which are in the works by GA-HQ members.

Greets and a great start into 2015 everyone

Hoffmann

Game-Art-HQ

....Oh. My. GOD.

The way they capture home in the armor...my lord. That aint rustbucket :D i LOVE that pic.

The next one was just submitted, again Adalbert but together with Beatrix this time.

nebelueberfall_by_angelus_tenebrae-d8cet1k.jpg

Steiner and Beatrix by Angelus-Tenebrae

Like said, I would prefer having time till around May. That would allow me to make our Album and Art Collaboration something where both the Music and the Visual Art would be represented in equal parts and we could publish it as a 15th Anniversary Tribute to Final Fantasy IX by both of our communities.

Edited by GBK666