OCR Meetup: Las Vegas, August 2010: **PICS PAGE 43-44**

Monobrow

My hotel is booked Sunday through Wednesday (I check out Wednesday). I'm about to book my flights. Needless to say, this is my ideal way to celebrate my (early) 25th birthday. I'm so excited to see everyone who's heading out for this.

Edit: and there we go. I'm getting to Las Vegas late Friday night, and will meet up with the hotel crew in the afternoon on Sunday!

This is up in the air for me now; as of this last week I am engaged to be married Sept long weekend! It's totally exciting, but it only leaves us with two months before the wedding, and we have JUST started planning. We'll see if I can spare a few days somewhere in there but it will certainly be a last minute decision if I can come or not; perhaps my fiancee would come too. I sure would love to meet a lot of you, but it might have to wait till MAG.

We'll see!

Everyone going to Mexico: Apply for your passcard NOW: If you do not already have one, it may take too long to get the passport, but a passcard takes less time. Cost $45, which is considerably less than a passport. You absolutely need this to go to Mexico, start the process now, and hurry :J

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html

This is the link to get started.

OK Palp and I have booked our hotel from Aug 7-10. Do you think it would be a good idea for us to rent a car, too? Do we know how many people with cars will be there?

Yay see you there!

Awesome you two! Well it depends... If you are sticking to the strip, there really isn't much point to renting a car, however those of us with cars will most likely venture out to some obscure places to get breakfast etc. for cheap, like we did last time with Jay and the likes, so yeah, if you feel like partaking on these fun excursions *_*

There will be 2 cars from our group in AZ, possibly 3. Can't speak for the rest but a few from Cali... Just not sure how full they will be. So yeah, I wouldn't rule renting a car out just yet.

Just to throw it out there everyone who is confirmed going... I don't know when you want to start planning a schedule of "to-do's" that way we are open for communication about it. Jordan and I live maybe...15-20 mins away from the strip. As mentioned before, August will be extremely hot... I've never stayed at the Flamingo hotel, but we got really nice pools here at our apartment complex. Any of you are welcome to use it during our meet-up. Just don't know when any of you would like to set the date for this. There is also a BBQ grill by the pools so we can have a really nice lunch together as well. Should be really fun.

Yes, I realize so far there is 25+ people, though the pool area is extremely large. We have 2 big pools and a jacuzzi with a lot of patio furniture and umbrellas. I think a weekday would work better since most people in August is at work and/or in school by the time of the meet-up. We'll need paper plates, cups, soda, water, burgers, hot dogs, buns, chips, etc... whatever anyone wants to bring will be a huge help. Turkey or beef should be an option for what others want and to know who are vegans and vegetarians is also extremely important.

We also don't have to remain outside... we have a room next to the pool area with A/C, TV, kitchen, chairs, couches, and a pool table. I think all of us should go, but if people want to be seperate, I'm kool with that too. This can turn into a nice pool party.

Having a cookout sounds like an excellent idea. I'm up for buying/bringing things like veggie burgers, etc, since I am vegetarian. Is anyone else? Any particular brands anyone likes, if so? I'd be fine helping take care of the food for anyone who doesn't eat meat, since I know that I'll want vegetarian stuff anyway.